New RAM causing pc to not boot help

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
I recently bought some Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb ram at 3200mhz and my pc is not turning on with the new ram. I have an asus tuf b450m plus motherboard and a ryzen 5 2600. Im pretty new to building pc and I’m wondering why my pc isn’t booting anymore and what I can do to get it to boot. Thanks!

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
it could honestly be a lot. But in the worst-case scenario, you got some bad ram and need to send it back.
try to switch back to your old ram and see if your pc bots then.
The reason I got the ram is because the ram I was using died. Is there anything else I can try? The new ram lights up but there isn’t a display

Check the mtherboard manual to see if it supports 16Gb sticks. Pay special attention because it may support it but not at that speed.
Also, try booting in a different memory bank.
A question, how sure are you that the old memory is dead and is not a faulty motherboard? Is there a chance that you could test that memory in another computer?

If I can think another advice I'll let you know but at this point I would look for a tech support to check everything, since there could be other reasons not related to memory. Finger crossed is something easy to fix.

Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
I had almost the exact same problem with my ASrock B450m a little over a year ago. Motherboard wouldn't go past POST and was stuck in a bootloop. It turned out the RAM wasn't supported on the QVL, changed it and bam! Worked like a charm.

What 'invader' said: if possible, check RAM and motherboard separately. Also be sure to check if the RAM is supported on your mobo (this is the one I think? https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/)

I'm not a betting man, but if I were to put money on this, I would bet it's an unsupported or faulty RAM.

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
Your motherboard supports 4 modules of 16 GB each. but those 3200Mhz are supported only through overclock.
However, if you insert 3200mhz memories they should automatically downclock to 2666mhz and work fine though.. :/

TRENDING THREADS