Question New Pc what can I reuse from Old Pc?

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Ok so here the run down: this is my current PC
CaseiBUYPOWER Slate MR Mirror Finished Tempered Glass ARGB Gaming Case
Case FansDefault Case Fan
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 120mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video CardAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - 8GB (VR-Ready)
MotherboardGIGABYTE X570 GAMING X -- ARGB Header (2), Gb Lan, USB 3.2 (4 Rear, 2 Front)
Power Supply600 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold
Advanced Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables
Primary Hard Drive1 TB ADATA SU800 SSD -- Read: 560MB/s, Write: 520MB/s - Single Drive
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home - (64-bit)

Now I have in my possession:
- Corsair ICue 5000x case
- Ryzen 9 5900x
- Asus Rog crosshair VIII dark hero mother board
- G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600

The plan is in the future to get a 3000 series nividia GPU but for now
I will be using my current 5700xt. So what else can i salvage from my current build to get the new one up and running? Or what should
I pick up.

May 21, 2020
Visit site
I'd argue now You could just reflash your existing motherboard, swap the CPU and RAM, and then get money back on the board to use against your graphics card upgrade. There's already an OK jump in performance between the CPUs, and the motherboards are both X570 (https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/4044vs4043) The graphics card would be your obvious next step - You might want to consider a slightly better PSU, what brand are you using?

The Gigabyte Gaming X570 X isn't the highest end board but I think its enough if you wont overclock as long as you get a couple of case fans in there. OTOH the board you already bought is top end for overclocking, but a little overkill if you wont be doing that.

You've bought some high end replacements there. I'm guessing the PSU is actually made by High Power, they are not usually considered trash but not exactly high end either. It will work for now, but if youre putting a 3070 or more in there it might not be quite enough especially considering the jump in CPU power. 750 Watts would be more than enough.

I would also consider upgrading to a 240 mm +AIO as the 5900x might be need a bit more cooling to get everything out of it without throttling.

Reactions: jats

TRENDING THREADS