New pc gamer

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site
Alright guys, I’ve just ordered my parts for my first pc and they should be here next week 👍🏻 Been a PS4/Xbox 360 gamer but looking forward to the transition to start playing pc even though I’m going to be a complete noob with everything atm lol.

is there any preferably older gamers looking for someone to link up with a noob and teaching them/playing some games with? I’m 23m from the uk and could do with someone to guide me on how to not be a complete noob andto game with as all my mates are on consoles. Sound, peace out x

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Some games you have to play that I don't think made it into console (at least not in any decent form):
- Starcraft
- Heroes of Might and Magic III (complete edition)
- Nox
- Fallout (the OG one!)
- Civilization series
- Sim City 2000 and onwards

All of these aged extremely well.

• Love
Reactions: Saundie
May 10, 2020
Visit site
I know pretty much all shooters have made it into console but I don't see how the experience is in any way close to mouse-aiming. I remember CS 1.6 back in the late 90's and early 00's was THA SHIAT and pretty much what got me into finding a job and saving money (to buy a 3D capable computer).
All that 360 no scope and such mad skills started there. If someone played CS on a console back then, they would be considered a cheater as I don't see how you come close to that level of action without auto-aim

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site
Cheers @DraxDomax for the reply lad.

I’ll definitely check out those games!
Some games I’m really looking forward to playing are; pubg, overwatch, rainbow siege, halo, war zone, and mostly other FPS games... and also minecraft 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I’m also thinking about streaming some poker, a hobby which I’m fairly good at (a winning player at micros at least) although I imagine that interest is a bit different to most interests on this forum!

i think I’m mainly going to struggle with the transition in gameplay to keyboard and mouse but I’m definitely going to struggle with custom settings if you have any advice for individual games?
If anyone wants to link up feel free to add me on Instagram and discuss @dansaundie .

Reactions: patmaht
May 10, 2020
Visit site
hey there's a lot to talk about and I don't have time really but ONE advice that's really worth having and I am scared you might never hear from someone:
STEAM KEY on ebay!

If your game is on steam, you can buy a key on ebay for 5 quid! If it's not on ebay, you could just google "steam key borderlands" (if Borderlands is the game you want, for example...) and find sites that sell it real cheap. Pay with PayPal and you should be fine. The risk is small - 5 quid to find out if you've been done :D

I've done that with 7 games so far. 6 I found on ebay and 1 from google - no problems at all! (Except that I buy two copies, so my partner can play too and the seller doesn't notice and sends me just one key... But they cooperate when I remind them...).

I would have spent £420 pounds on games without this idea... And I don't like games THAT much! :)

hey there's a lot to talk about and I don't have time really but ONE advice that's really worth having and I am scared you might never hear from someone:
STEAM KEY on ebay!

If your game is on steam, you can buy a key on ebay for 5 quid! If it's not on ebay, you could just google "steam key borderlands" (if Borderlands is the game you want, for example...) and find sites that sell it real cheap. Pay with PayPal and you should be fine. The risk is small - 5 quid to find out if you've been done :D

I've done that with 7 games so far. 6 I found on ebay and 1 from google - no problems at all! (Except that I buy two copies, so my partner can play too and the seller doesn't notice and sends me just one key... But they cooperate when I remind them...).

I would have spent £420 pounds on games without this idea... And I don't like games THAT much! :)

I would like to add to this that these keys are usually not legit, meaning you aren't paying the actual developer. It's also possible you get a key that doesn't function (and no guarantee on a refund) or a key that stops working after a few days or weeks.

I would advise just getting games while they're on sale. Steam allows you to wishlist games so you get a notification when they're on sale. Until then there are plenty of games available for free.
Also keep an eye on this thread to get tips on games being given away for free: https://forums.pcgamer.com/threads/the-free-time-limited-games-list.2301/

As @Pifanjr said.

If you're after cheap games sales are the way. Steam, GOG, Epic game store, Uplay. Origin all have sales, its never long until the next one. Epic is giving a game away free every week.

I recommend using GOG Galaxy 2.0 as a launcher if you want to see all your games and statistics across all stores.

Definitely check out Microsoft Gamepass, there's so many games on there including Halo, new ones too. First month is $1 and after that its only $4.99 (€3.99).

I dont really play competitive FPS or BR myself, but I'm sure youll be fine. Good luck :)

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
feel free to add me on steam if you want some games im 42 uk , i moved from console 2 years ago best move i ever made. I play Rainbow 6 , CSGO, Rocket League, Iracing, PUBG,COD , FIFA, Forza F1 Valorant etc, basically anything and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
As @Pifanjr said.

If you're after cheap games sales are the way. Steam, GOG, Epic game store, Uplay. Origin all have sales, its never long until the next one. Epic is giving a game away free every week.

There's a website called isthereanydeal.com which aggregates key stores and tracks current discounts, it even details past discounts so you can judge whether to wait for a specific seller to have a price drop. It's become my first stop when game shopping.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS