New PC Gamer - Recently bought Pre-Built - Looking for upgrade feedback!

Mar 20, 2020
Visit site
I bought this system about a week ago. Would appreciate any help with upgrade suggestions/feedback. I was lucky enough to get a good discount on this unit. After reading, it sounds like a lot of the components are pretty good stuff and some obvious other components that are less attractive due to it being a pre-built system. At some point I may build one on my own, but inexperience, time...life, etc... this seemed to make sense to jump start the new hobby, especially while in quarantine! New to PC gaming, so far its running my main game (COD Warzone, etc) well. The only obvious annoyance I have is the noise level (not sure if its fans or what), and there arent enough USB ports.

CyberpowerPC GMA4600BST
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: ASRock B550AM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700
Memory: 2TB HDD + 240GB SSD
T-Force Vulcan Z 16GB
Power Supply:
Mic. Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Monitor:
Dell 2319NX (couple extras I had)
Fans: Cooler Master?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: SWard
Don't upgrade it. :)

The starting position should always be to not upgrade it, unless there's a specific goal.

It's a solid system, and seems well rounded for PC gaming. The CPU is very good, the GPU is very good, 16gb RAM is very good, and the speed is apparently 3000MHz which is also good and not worth the money to buy faster RAM outside of a few very, very niche scenarios.

You may find yourself wanting more SSD storage if you have a few games on the go at once. If adding an SSD, don't buy less than 1TB. Otherwise you'll end up with lots of smallish drives which eat storage bays/internal connections up and are frankly a pest to juggle games between. 1TB SSDs are relatively affordable these days too.

The main upgrade would be a better monitor. If there's a 'bottleneck' to your system, it's that

At least 1080p 144hz with freesync, though consider 1440p 144hz with Freesync.

Noise level you may be a bit stuck with. If the GPU has a single 'blower' style fan it won't be quiet. And the case doesn't look amazing for airflow, which means the fans inside work harder to try to cool the components. The case looks like it has fan mounts available at the top of the case? In which case you could consider adding a couple extra fans.

Reactions: randyl and Zoid
Corsair Force Series 960GB SSD I would recommend as it has gotten a lot of good reviews. Do you have an outtake fan? I have a crappy tower myself with a lot of cramp stuff in it, so I tend to remove the side panel for more cooling and it helps a lot. If you put it high above the ground, dust accumulation is also less of a problem.

Reactions: Oussebon
SSD would depend a lot on local pricing I think. In the UK, the Corsair MP510 960 GBis barely any cheaper than the 970 Evo 1TB, making it not worth the saving. While a 1TB Sata drive will be just as fast for loading games and is typically 2/3rd's the price.

And also what slots the motherboard has. If the board only has 1 M.2 slot which is either free or is occupied by the 240gb SSD, it may make more sense to get a Sata SSD for the time being and wait for PCIe 4.0 SSDs to mature a bit.

Reactions: Frindis
Mar 20, 2020
Visit site
Don't upgrade it.

The starting position should always be to not upgrade it, unless there's a specific goal.

It's a solid system, and seems well rounded for PC gaming. The CPU is very good, the GPU is very good, 16gb RAM is very good, and the speed is apparently 3000MHz which is also good and not worth the money to buy faster RAM outside of a few very, very niche scenarios.

You may find yourself wanting more SSD storage if you have a few games on the go at once. If adding an SSD, don't buy less than 1TB. Otherwise you'll end up with lots of smallish drives which eat storage bays/internal connections up and are frankly a pest to juggle games between. 1TB SSDs are relatively affordable these days too.

The main upgrade would be a better monitor. If there's a 'bottleneck' to your system, it's that

At least 1080p 144hz with freesync, though consider 1440p 144hz with Freesync.

Noise level you may be a bit stuck with. If the GPU has a single 'blower' style fan it won't be quiet. And the case doesn't look amazing for airflow, which means the fans inside work harder to try to cool the components. The case looks like it has fan mounts available at the top of the case? In which case you could consider adding a couple extra fans.

First on the list: Monitor! thanks

TRENDING THREADS