New Mainboard

Jan 11, 2022
Visit site
Hello guys,

i need some help to order a new mainboard.

At the moment I use this one: https://de.msi.com/Motherboard/X370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON/Overview

Now I want to buy a new one, because a friend donated me a Corsair DDR4 2x16GB, 3600mhz RAM. And that doesn't work on my current mainboard.

So now I need a new one for my system:

Graphics-Card: MSI RTX 2080 Super, 8GB
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8x 3.90GHz So.AM4
RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x 16gb 3600MHz
My pc-case: https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...Sichtfenster-Midi-Tower-ohne-Net_1015324.html

Now I don't really know which mainboard fits for my setup + pc-case. Can someone maybe help me with that?

Would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,

greets Kada.

Reactions: Brian Boru
B550 or X570 are the 2 most recent boards that will work with CPU and that ram.

can you give us the ram codes? Corsair ram normally starts with CLK from memory. It helps to check that the ram you have has been tested with CPU & Motherboard before you try as Ryzen cpu are picky about what ram they will run with

your board is ATX so standard size.

Jan 11, 2022
Visit site
B550 or X570 are the 2 most recent boards that will work with CPU and that ram.

can you give us the ram codes? Corsair ram normally starts with CLK from memory. It helps to check that the ram you have has been tested with CPU & Motherboard before you try as Ryzen cpu are picky about what ram they will run with

your board is ATX so standard size.

Thanks for the answer. The only code I could find is the code from the picture.

Hope thats what you are looking for.

The CMW... is the modelnumber.

The B550 only has a PCI 16 for the graphics-card. The X570 has a PCI 16 4.0, so this would be better, or?

xk95u575.jpg

Last edited:
B550 does have PCI-E 4.0 for the GPU but it only has enough lanes for one NVME drive over PCI-E 4.0. If you had a second it would run at PCI-E 3.0 speeds, which is still faster than most people need.

With X570 you could run 2 NVME drives at PCI-E 4.0 speeds. That's the only significant difference in the chipsets, and to most people it wont affect anything. Most X570 boards also have a fan on the chipset, like this one.

Any particular boards you are looking at?

TRENDING THREADS