Question New machine for 3D Modeling and light gaming - 2.5k€ budget

Mar 26, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I am currently looking to entirely replace my PC for a brand new one, custom. I have lose track of the improvements in our hardware world long ago and so looking for some help.

Why Are You Upgrading: Current PC is 7 years old and my even older second PC cannot handle current games. So current PC is becoming side PC.

Budget: 2500€ at most

Approximate Purchase Date: Early april

Use Case: Mostly for modeling and rendering scenes in Blender. Gaming on Week-End, mainly on Path of Exile so no ressources hungry games, not interested in 4k raytracing and so on.

Parts to Upgrade: Whole ?

Are you buying a monitor: Not yet

Your Monitor Resolution and desired frame rate: 1920x1080, at the moment, but later on (summer) I'll probably grab higher resolution one.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts? Amazon because I live in France.

Parts Preferences: Honestly no preference.

Overclocking: Won't do anything fancy like that.

Additional Comments: I did the PC below, but I am not too sure if there is better to do on my budget. For example, two doubtful spots are GPU and RAM, 4070ti being a bit despised from what I've seen but it seems like a correct balance in CUDA/vRAM and price to me, when compared to other cards. I really have no preference in term of silence, speed etc, I think by >2k budget it can only be good on that side. Modeling is the main thing that PC will do, then it will render the models. As long as any game can run, I'm not worried about playing them the highest quality, what really matters is the rendering speed and ability to handle every side of Blender well. Before I forget, Amazon currently is out of the GPU and Motherboard I picked, included (I will find them to a close price of what was shown on Pcpartpicker), the price jumps to $2k (1.8k€) so there's still a marging of improvement.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor ($337.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory ($129.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 600 ATX Mid Tower Case ($122.14 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 850 GQ 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $871.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-26 03:24 EDT-0400

Thanks in advance for any advices and help.

Mar 26, 2023
Visit site
It all works. A few suggested changes.
About the SSD, it was just to put windows on and some softwares. All games etc goes into a spare 4TB HDD I have. That's why I didn't pick more than 1TB which was probably already overkill.

Just another question, would you say for our usage a 4080 would be better than a 4070ti ? Because, I think it would, for the 4giga extra vram. It fits in the budget, so.. yeah ?

For the cooler and powersupply, I'll probably swap to your suggestions because why not, I had great experiences with bequiet coolers so I never even tried anything else.

About the SSD, it was just to put windows on and some softwares. All games etc goes into a spare 4TB HDD I have. That's why I didn't pick more than 1TB which was probably already overkill.

Just another question, would you say for our usage a 4080 would be better than a 4070ti ? Because, I think it would, for the 4giga extra vram. It fits in the budget, so.. yeah ?

For the cooler and powersupply, I'll probably swap to your suggestions because why not, I had great experiences with bequiet coolers so I never even tried anything else.
The 4080 would have more longevity due to the extra VRAM.

Welcome to the forum :)

1TB which was probably already overkill
For only 'windows on and some softwares', yeah it's overkill—I run Win10 and a load of software in 256GB with 85GB currently free. Smaller size makes disk image faster, and easier to keep a clone disk for emergencies if you like.

Plenty of games benefit from SSD these days—and recent days too, I play mostly older games and wouldn't go back to HDD. If you stick with 1TB, then I recommend making 2 partitions—one for Win + software of maybe 200GB, and 800GB for current games.

You can install all the Steam games you want on the 4TB HDD, and swap them back n forth with the SSD partition as required by current play—pretty handy setup.

Reactions: Why_Me

TRENDING THREADS