New gaming pc expert needed

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi im looking for a new gaming pc below is the best quote ive had so far but im looking for pure fps so before i buy im just looking to see if there are any suggestions for changes ie motherboard or cpu my max budget is £3000 i really do appreciate the help

Games i play
Arma 3
Escape from tarkov
Gta
Flight simulators
Dcs world
Star citizen

Which is true in most games, especially at 1440p. However, there is the odd outlier like Far Cry where you do get a difference:

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Which is true in most games, especially at 1440p. However, there is the odd outlier like Far Cry where you do get a difference:
I only play a few games in the list above but from youtube vids etc there seems to be no difference except a small fps boost of around 3-5 with the intel but im thinking of future proofing in general and the same with the motherboard form reviews the tuf x570 doesnt look the best overall for £3000 system dont want things letting it down

What does the X570 PLUS lack that you feel you will need down the line?

Futureproofing is often just code for spending money for no actual benefit - because by the time the future is here, anything you bought today would have been superseded.

I only play a few games in the list above but from youtube vids etc there seems to be no difference except a small fps boost of around 3-5 with the intel
That's what I said. In most games there will be little difference. Most of the games in the article I linked show little difference. But you get the odd outlier that does show a difference.

You said you don't want to compromise framerate. If that's the case, get the i9 10900k. If that's not really the case, in that you want good performance but don't want to sink even more money into the system, the R9 3900x is fine for gaming, and very good for the other non-gaming uses you've previously mentioned.

It's not a question any 'expert' can answer for you. The facts are that the R9 3900x is close in most realistic gaming scenarios, but the 10900k is technically better, and meaningfully better in some titles that show more of a difference. The question you need answering is whether that's worth spending more for to you, which is between you and your wallet.

May 28, 2020
Visit site
What does the X570 PLUS lack that you feel you will need down the line?

Futureproofing is often just code for spending money for no actual benefit - because by the time the future is here, anything you bought today would have been superseded.

That's what I said. In most games there will be little difference. Most of the games in the article I linked show little difference. But you get the odd outlier that does show a difference.

You said you don't want to compromise framerate. If that's the case, get the i9 10900k. If that's not really the case, in that you want good performance but don't want to sink even more money into the system, the R9 3900x is fine for gaming, and very good for the other non-gaming uses you've previously mentioned.

It's not a question any 'expert' can answer for you. The facts are that the R9 3900x is close in most realistic gaming scenarios, but the 10900k is technically better, and meaningfully better in some titles that show more of a difference. The question you need answering is whether that's worth spending more for to you, which is between you and your wallet.

its not necessarily that the x570 isnt good enough or upgrades its just ive seen reviews for example that others like the hero board or the asus rog strix people say work better with the chips and overall performance, with the rest of the pc im major happy with it i think im just second guessing myself as im spending such a large amount i guess im just trying to play it safe and be cautious if i need to spend like an extra £200 to get something thats gna be better for longer then its worth it

A more expensive mobo doesn't work any better with the chips, and doesn't perform any better. They are about features, and things like support for extreme overclocking.

If you don't need the features, and if you're not doing some fairly high end overclocking, you're not getting anything for your money.

Except a £XXX hole in your wallet that leaves you less money for future upgrades. Keeping money in the kitty is often the only way to futureproof.

May 28, 2020
Visit site
A more expensive mobo doesn't work any better with the chips, and doesn't perform any better. They are about features, and things like support for extreme overclocking.

If you don't need the features, and if you're not doing some fairly high end overclocking, you're not getting anything for your money.

Except a £XXX hole in your wallet that leaves you less money for future upgrades. Keeping money in the kitty is often the only way to futureproof.
Yeah hopefully with this system i dont have to upgrade for a long time, i just have to see if they can put another radiator in the case it has the 3 fans at front, 2 with the cooler h100i and one at the back but you can place another 280mm radiator apparently at bottom for maximum airflow

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Well not so much another radiator my bad im extremely tired i mean like another set of fans like on the radiator up top the bottom of the case has another 2 fan slots of maxium air flow and cooling be gd to get 2 more under the gpu to keep that cool, my only concern is the pc is going on my desk in bedroom so if my parter gets woken up by a noisey rig she aint gna be happy so may have to look at more silent fans as the case has alot of open sides

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Thank you though @Oussebon you have been amazing all through my posts, ive been in touch eith the company there going to put 2 extra rgb fans in, also they are going to replace all of them with more silent ones at the same time to make it more quiet i have no further questions going to stick with it, its a beast

Reactions: Frindis
The 'quiet' fans that company does have, at least in the past, just been plain black ones (Akasa Apache Black I think). The LL fans are supposed to be very good though, and you may be able to customise the fan speeds to help the system run quieter, especially when not under load.

Reactions: Frindis
May 28, 2020
Visit site
Yeah been doing a ton of research ive ordered some foam pads for the bottom of the case and also anti vibration screws which ill change over myself once delivered i used to use the foam and screws and its mad actually how much difference they make also bought the commander pro better then the standard one controller that comes with the case

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Last but not least its keyboard mouse and a decent headset to go bow beed something thats remotely silent when typing i know 100% silent is pretty much impossible but used to have the k55 and it was very loud at night used to get moaned at haha

The K55 is actually meant to be relatively quiet by the standards of gaming keyboards, unfortunately(!). Did you try it with a mat or cloth under the keyboard?

The Corsair Strafe Silent is meant to be pretty quiet too, using a quiet-oriented version of Cherry's switches. But it's £150 (£125 back ordered on Amazon right now for the MK2) and I can't tell you how it compares to a K55.

Otherwise you might be looking at keyboards with very low profile, chiclet keys, more intended for office use than gaming. Though outside of competitive gaming it may not matter a great deal to you.

May 28, 2020
Visit site
@Oussebon you know anything bout hdmi/display ports alot in reading says with my msi optix 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor to use a display port 1.4 rarther then the hdmi 2.0 ive seenone below do you think its ok need a good lead theres no limit on cost

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Perfect well im going to call them and pay for it on the 26th all has been arranged with them going to discuss some stuff ie i wanted the card vertically mounted, also want another 2 fans, i seriously cannot thank you enough, as soon as i have it ill send you some piccies over as you helped design it haha

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS