How To New Gamer question?

Hi my name is Brenda and I just recently joined your site. I have a question before I get involved with the site. I've been a gamer since 2010. I love many different games and I get a lot of my knowledge and experience by watching other gamers on YouTube and other gaming sites. Is it alright for me to post YouTube gaming videos on my forums and create threads with YouTube videos or is that against the rules? Or do I need to invest a small amount of money in order to be able to do that? YouTube is a major gaming platform. You can learn so much by watching videos and many gamers appreciate YouTube and what it means for the gaming community. I don't want to break any rules. I would love to post some videos but I'm not sure if this is allowed. Can you please help me and get back to me as soon as you can. Thank you so much.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Hey there,

We don't allow our forums to be used for promotion of sites or services giving you a financial incentive. Essentially, it's why we don't allow spam posts.

However, if you simply are someone with a YouTube channel, you can add the link to the channel to your profile, but don't create new threads to promote specific videos. If you have a channel linked, folks will simply decide whether or not to click that link.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ping me directly and we can answer any remaining questions.

Reactions: Frindis and Zloth

TRENDING THREADS