New computer—screen doesn’t work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2021
Visit site
So today I received my computer but when I tried to put the hdmi on my screen, it doesn’t work. The screen is black, nothing happened.
So if someone can help me :/
I can give you some details or others.
Sorry for my bad English (I’m French

Mod edit: changed title from the unhelpful "Hello I’ve a problem with my new computer".

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum :)

Is your screen a monitor or TV?
Does the PC boot up when you switch it on—you hear beeps, fans, Windows welcome noise etc?
Is the screen definitely switched on? Try something else electrical in the socket screen is plugged into, to confirm socket is working.

Is the cable HDMI on both ends, eg not HDMI-DVI?

Was the screen delivered with the new PC, or is it an old one you had—how old?

Jun 24, 2021
Visit site

Does the PC boot up when you switch it on—you hear beeps, fans, Windows welcome noise etc?
Is the screen definitely switched on? Try something else electrical in the socket screen is plugged into, to confirm socket is working.

I haven’t received my screen yet so I tried on my old screen (11yo) and my tv (it’s a new tv it works very well) but the screen and tv don’t work

Jun 24, 2021
Visit site

No, sorry I haven’t order the screen yet because the computer should be deliver 31st June so I haven’t order it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS