Question New case after I dropped my PC out of a car

PCG Dash

Staff member
Apr 7, 2023
Visit site
Title is self explanatory, but I managed to accidentally drop my HP Omen 25L out of a (thankfully unmoving) vehicle.

Miraculously, everything still seems to be working internally and it appears to have only sustained exterior damage. That said, the case is now absolutely wrecked and will need to be replaced ASAP so I'm looking for recommendations for some that would fit with my components.

Here's the PC for reference: https://www.omen.com/us/en/desktops/omen-25l.html. As far as I know, the motherboard is a HP design but a standard size.

I'm most comfortable purchasing from SCAN, ideally with next day delivery - big brands are preferred and my budget is around £150. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Its gonna be subjective to your tastes to a degree. I suggest something with a mesh front for better cooling. Fractal Design has nice looking (IMO) options like Meshify, Torrent or North. Looks are the subjective part of course, these come in different colours too.

Scan has them all and they're all under 150 quid. From what I can see online the system uses all standard size parts so all your parts should fit just fine.

PCG Dash

Staff member
Apr 7, 2023
Visit site
Has all been sorted now! Although there were some very bizarre proprietary HP features that made the move a bit awkward.

For starters, the motherboard seems hard wired not to boot without a rear fan present for seemingly no reason. I was going for double front fans, so had to resort to chucking an old spare one in the slot just to get things working.

Also, the Cooler Master power supply seems standard but has this weird little metal bump on it that seems intended to ensure it can only properly fit in the stock case. Very weird, especially considering compatibility with other builds was one of the machine's big selling points.

Still, managed to get everything done in the end - it just took a few more hours than expected!

Here's some finished pics (with the RGB off):

TRENDING THREADS