Question New Build—are Parts Compatible?

Sep 16, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys,

Going to be purchasing a new pc and looking to build it myself. However, my knowledge on compatibility is quite poor, just wanted to see if all these components are compatible with each other?

1. CPU - Intel Core i5-12600K

2. GPU - ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Twin

3. MBH - GABYTE H610M S2H DDR4 (H610/ Intel LGA 1700/ Micro ATX

4. SSD - Crucial P2 1TBB

5. RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

6. POWER - EVGA 650 B5 80+ BRONZE

7. CASE - Thermaltake S100 TG

Or would you recommend I change anything?

Thank you!

[Mod edit: changed title from "Is it Compatible?".]

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the motherboard goes with that generation of CPU (didn't take the time to look), it's probably fine. But one very good resource for things like this is PCPartPicker.com. If you go there, you can put a build part list together, and it will tell you if it's compatible or not. If you're putting a list together from scratch, after each part, it will only show you parts that are compatible. But since you already have your part list, you can go there and search for your particular parts, add them to your list, and it will let you know if there are any issues.

One thing I might consider, even though it's compatible, is maybe upping the power supply. It's better to have overhead than to push the limits with wattage. Plus, if you could afford it, so with Silver or Gold. But if not, Bronze is much better than going with a cheap, piece of crap PSU, like they usually put in prebuilts. But I would probably put more focus on upping it to 750W or so than worrying about going Silver or Gold. I have a Bronze PSU in one of my PCs that has done me well for a long time.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hi guys,

Going to be purchasing a new pc and looking to build it myself. However, my knowledge on compatibility is quite poor, just wanted to see if all these components are compatible with each other?

1. CPU - Intel Core i5-12600K

2. GPU - ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Twin

3. MBH - GABYTE H610M S2H DDR4 (H610/ Intel LGA 1700/ Micro ATX

4. SSD - Crucial P2 1TBB

5. RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

6. POWER - EVGA 650 B5 80+ BRONZE

7. CASE - Thermaltake S100 TG

Or would you recommend I change anything?

Thank you!

[Mod edit: changed title from "Is it Compatible?".]
i5 12400F + B660M + 2x8GB DDR4 3200. What country are you located and what is your budget?

Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
Short answer: YES.

CPU and Chipset are of the same generation, correct socket, case is designed for micro-atx , uses standard ATX PSU mounting and has more than enough space for the RTX3060, Power-supply should suffice in wattage. Only thing you didn't specify is whether your memory is indeed DDR4, but i am going to assume it is.

TRENDING THREADS