Question New AMD 5800x system not performing as expected

Jul 30, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

Personally i wouldn't do it. The 5600X is a really good CPU.

I have a friend who has basically the same build as me except he has a 5600X and i have the 5800X.
His system outperforms mine by 20-30% easily especially in the framerate department.

Maybe i got just a bad GPU or something but it frustrates me as i spent way more money having mine custom built and his was just an ebuyer pre-built.

Hi,

Personally i wouldn't do it. The 5600X is a really good CPU.

I have a friend who has basically the same build as me except he has a 5600X and i have the 5800X.
His system outperforms mine by 20-30% easily especially in the framerate department.

Maybe i got just a bad GPU or something but it frustrates me as i spent way more money having mine custom built and his was just an ebuyer pre-built.
What specs do you have compared to your friend other than CPU, especially graphics card and RAM? There no way if your is built and performing properly with the same class of component this should be the case.

Jul 30, 2022
Visit site
What specs do you have compared to your friend other than CPU, especially graphics card and RAM? There no way if your is built and performing properly with the same class of component this should be the case.

Mostly everything is the same except for RAM and GPU manufacturers.
I even have faster NVMe SSD's and far superior CPU cooling.

Compared BIOS settings and everything seems normal.
XMP enabled.

Turned off all the extra software stuff. eg. Xbox Gamebar/Nvidia overlays.

I'm not sure what else to check to be honest.

Well lets see :)

You really shouldn't be giving up, if youre really getting a measured and recorded 30% lower FPS in the same games on the same equipment with the exact same settings and monitor resolution there's something wrong with your kit.

For starters:

-Are you running the latest version of the BIOS on your motherboard?
-Have you done a full clean reinstall of the graphics card drivers?
-Have you checked whether the motherboard chipset drivers are up to date?
-Have you monitored the temperatures and clock frequencies of your GPU and CPU while you're playing a demanding game?

I'm also not sure what you mean by:

...especially in the framerate department.

What other metrics are you monitoring in software that are underperforming? Have you run a series of benchmarks and compared results to your friend, or is this an estimate by 'feel' or word of mouth?

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS