Question Need help with problematic gaming pc

Mar 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I have been starting to play demanding games such as cyberpunk and watch dogs legion. In these games (and others) I have noticed that textures appear to be broken? I have tried looking this up and nothing has resolved it. I previously thought it was my 1060 6gb struggling so I recently bought a 3060 12gb however i am still experiancing this issue. Textures in the game will look blurred in the distance and close textures look jagged, ray tracing doesn't do anything really and everything just looks low quality. I am starting to think it may be a cpu or motherboard issue or it could be a software issue.

Thanks in advance

SPECS:
R5 2600
RTX 3060
ASUS PRIME-B350 PLUS
500W PSU
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Hi!

First off, have you done a clean reinstall of your graphics card drivers? Sometimes drivers may get corrupted and cause problems, even if you've updated them through Geforce Experience it's worth doing a complete reinstall to be sure. Guide here on how to do it if you need help.

If that doesnt help it may be something simpler. What resolution is your display, and what resolution is it at in game? I find that some games will set my 2560x1440 monitor to 1080p or even 1280x720 by default and I can tell immediately as it looks very bad.

Are you sure its not anything to do with your in game quality settings being auto set to low? You are talking about some demanding new games and sometimes the auto settings might prefer framerate over quality by default and overcompensate in that direction with very low quality settings.

Also what is the exact make and model of that 500w power supply? Bad quality PSU's can cause all kind of weird and unexpected issues.

Mar 12, 2021
Visit site
I have done a clean install of drivers many times. I have a 1080p monitor anyway but yes it is definetly set to 1080p. I also have turned all settings up to ultra I have litterally tried everything I can think of lol. I have an Aerocool Intergrator psu which isn't great so honestly it could be my psu but no way of telling rlly. I have also looked into my mobo and cpu but everything should work.

Mar 12, 2021
Visit site
Reactions: Pulmon777
I'm out of ideas I'm afraid, I havent played those games so I dont know if that show they are supposed to look like that or not, honestly it doesnt look to bad to me. I've been playing a lot of Loop Hero though so my eyes arent exactly trained for high fidelity at the moment.

If there is an issue I doubt it's to do with your PSU this time. I would still replace it with something better for long term peace of mind. Check out some videos of cheaper PSU's being tested for some idea of what these cheaper units are feeding to your expensive components, that causes damage to everything over time.

Reactions: Pulmon777

TRENDING THREADS