Question Need help in choosing a laptop for my dad's employee

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
So,My dad wants to give a laptop for my employee to work with. We came across three choices of laptop. I'll give you guys the specs of those laptops below. One of the laptops are out of budget but our dad needs a good laptop.

The work the employee does is Excel,AutoCad and presenting some thing in meetings etc. I said an i3 will be fine but dad wants to be sure,so i came to ask you guys. Any help?

Here is the specs of the three laptops:

laptop 1:
Dell Inspiron 5510 (i5/Blue)
– Intel Core i5-11320H 11th Gen Processor
– 8GB DDR4 Ram
– 512GB NVMe SSD
– Intel IrisXe Graphics
– 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080)
– Office Home and Student 2019
– Blue Color

laptop2:
Asus X515EP i5 11th GEN with fingerprint reader
Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.20)
8GB DDR4 3200MHZ
512GB NVME M.2 SSD
15.6" 1920x1080 Anti-Glare NTSC: 45%
NVIDIA GeForce MX330, with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
1.7kg, 37WHrs
FREE ASUS BACKPACK
FREE WIRED OPTICAL MOUSE
2 Years warranty
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64Bit Pre-installed
Finger Print Reader

Laptop 3:

Asus X515EA i3 11th GEN with fingerprint reader
Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 Processor 3.0 GHz (6M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
4GB DDR4 3200MHZ
512GB NVME SSD
15.6" 1920x1080 Anti-Glare NTSC: 45%
Intel® UHD Graphics
1.7kg, 37WHrs
FREE ASUS BACKPACK
FREE WIRED OPTICAL MOUSE
2 Years warranty
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64Bit Pre-installed
Finger Print Reader

It should be clear with the title of the forums, we deal with PC(and laptop) Gaming...not laptops meant for office spaces. If you can state what games your dad's employees will play, perhaps it'll make it worth our while though I'll be up front, none of those laptops listed above are gaming laptops.

Welcome to the forum :)

Have you looked up the specs for the versions of the software they'll use in the next few years?

Excel and I assume PowerPoint should be fine on any of those laptops. AutoCAD is the one which needs some beef.

If it's AutoCAD 2020, all those laptops have a graphics card problem—ie AutoCAD needs one, they don't have one. RAM is also an issue, 16GB is recommended.

AutoCAD is CPU-intensive, so get the best CPU you can.

Tip—you never want to run any software on minimum specs, and ideally be above recommended if you want other apps to be able to run at the same time.

Hopefully @Alm can pitch in here—he uses AutoCAD at work.

Yep, the laptop work has given me is a HP Zbook i7.

It's relatively expensive and even that runs AutoCAD with a bit of lag. Some of my non-CAD colleagues have lower end laptops and installed AutoCAD and it will work very slowly but it's no good for regular CAD work. I don't know exactly the minimum spec.

TRENDING THREADS