Need Help Finding New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
So I’m not a fan of my motherboard I have installed right now. It’s a ASRock Z87 Extreme4 it doesn’t have a slot for a PCI E for a better graphics card and only supports ddr3. I need one that supports ddr4 has extra pci e and I have a i7 4790S. Only reason I’m asking is because I’ve never really looked for a new motherboard before.

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
So I’m not a fan of my motherboard I have installed right now. It’s a ASRock Z87 Extreme4 it doesn’t have a slot for a PCI E for a better graphics card and only supports ddr3. I need one that supports ddr4 has extra pci e and I have a i7 4790S. Only reason I’m asking is because I’ve never really looked for a new motherboard before.
Oh and I’m adding a RX 580 xfx

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to tell you that your CPU will not be compatible with a new motherboard that supports DDR4. Youd have to do what we call a full platform upgrade of CPU, RAM and motherboard at the same time or the parts wouldnt work together.

OTOH What makes you think your motherboard doesnt have a PCI-E slot? Your graphics card is already installed in it, unless you don't have one.

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
I already knew I would have to upgrade my ram but your saying that my cpu can’t support ddr4 ?

And right now I have a GTX 1650 that doesn’t need a cord I didn’t mean pci sorry but what’s that cord that gives power to a gpu

My power supply has extra ports in the back is that what I connect my gpu with I would just need to purchase a cable?

Possibly. Do you have a prebuilt system?

If you could tell us the exact make and model of the PSU we can tell you if it should have cables. Some PSU's need cables that have capacitors in them, they aren't universal.

Also if you bought a prebuilt system with a GTX 1650 without extra PCI-E power, theres a high chance the power supply you have isn't powerful enough for an RX 580, without breaking it or maybe burning out the rest of your system with it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS