Need help finding CPU/Mobo for ~$300

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
So I upgraded my GPU and RAM and now I'm looking to upgrade the CPU and Mobo next month. Reason for this is my processor runs at a good speed but only has two cores and my Mobo limits RAM to 2400 Mhz with XMP on and I want one that will allow it to operate at full speed or near it. Currently I am looking at the Ryzen 3500x with a ASUS Prime B550M-A for $300 so thats around my range. Problem is that I don't know If my GPU will bottleneck the CPU or if the GPU will fit into the PCI slot because its a few years older. Most games I play, I don't run at full graphics and I cut a few corners for performance but I want my games to be able to run smoothly at 1080p and look decent.

GPU- RX 570 XXX 8gb
CPU- I3-7100 3.9 Ghz
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz
Mobo- B250m Pro VD

It will fit the PCIe slot fine, it's a PCIe slot and the card is a PCIe GPU. It will fit because it's designed to fit into any PCIe x16 slot.

Problem is that I don't know If my GPU will bottleneck the CPU or if the GPU will fit into the PCI slot because its a few years older
There's a lot of FUD out there about "bottlenecks".

The GPU is generally going to be what limits performance in games (which technically means it's a 'bottleneck'). But that's what's supposed to happen.

Think about it - something has to limit PC game performance. :) You are currently CPU-bottlenecked. You are upgrading the CPU to shift the limitation from your GPU to your GPU, which is where it is meant to be.

As long as the GPU provides you the performance you want, and nothing else in the system is limiting that performance, this is the ideal for PC gaming.

TRENDING THREADS