Upgrading new desktop. GPU and RAM; maybe use spar NVME with heatsink on a card. Help?

Jul 16, 2023
Visit site
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7700, AM5, 1 CPU, 8/16
Base 3.8GHz/Turbo 4.95GHz

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 171C Max CPU Cooler: 175mm

HD: M.2 PNY CS2140 1TB SSD Up to 3600 MG/S Seq. R/W Speed

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti
CLim: 2130 MHz, MLim: 4750 MHz, RAM: 8GB
Driver 536.40 Max VGA Card: 400mm

MB: Asus PRIME B650M-A AX II 2 M.2 Slots

Drive1: PNY CS2140 1TB SSD
Firmware: CS214321

RAM: XPG DDR5 16GB 5200MHz

PSU: 800W

Case: CS-450-176 AMETHYST 242V MID W/ TEMPERED GLASS (WHITE) 3 X ARGB FAN RETAIL
*CyberPowerPC White AMETHYST II 241V Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side Tempered Glass Swing Door + 3x ARGB Fans (Included)

Case Fans: F: 120mm ARGB fan x2
R: 120mm ARGB fan x1

Warranty: Parts&Labor 1 year

HDMI: 1
DisplayPorts: 2
USB: 8
PCI-Ex1 2
PCI-Ex16 1

The GPU has 8GB VRAM but is on the lower Tier or graphics cards. I have no desire to see the pores and nose hairs of the NPCs or my PC.
Currently, only have a max 1080p monitor and would likely be the last upgrade. First RTX GPU I've had but prefer AMD parts.
PSU is 800W.

Currently at 16GB. Looking to replace with this.

Have this I'd like to put in and no screws to put it on the 2nd slot on the MB. Would this:
Work with:

Hi. If you cant find the screws, youre better off just ordering some new ones.

As for the RAM, check the part number against the QVL list here.

If its not on there, I advise to get something that is. Sometimes untested RAM can cause niggling issues, sometimes not. Best to be sure IMO.

Jul 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi. If you cant find the screws, youre better off just ordering some new ones.

As for the RAM, check the part number against the QVL list here.

If its not on there, I advise to get something that is. Sometimes untested RAM can cause niggling issues, sometimes not. Best to be sure IMO.
The RAM was I chose was not on the list.
I did find one that was. Didn't know there was such a thing. Thanks.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
As long as you use software like DDU to fully uninstall the GPU drivers before you install the AMD ones there shouldnt be any problem.

The only other thing I'd look at is what the power supply is in your system. Your other components are pretty strong, and if you want them to last a long time its worth getting something quality. Prebuilts dont often have good ones unfortunately.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 16, 2023
Visit site
A GPU will still work without updated drivers?
If I get the new one, I would have to use whatever that program is to uninstall updates or how does that work?
A 3060Ti is lower mid tier now but considering my former desktop this one is big improvement. What is this DDU software?

Jul 16, 2023
Visit site
Just enough to where I can remove the NVidia ones and install the new AMD one and update from there?
I've only upgraded RAM and hard drives and only built one PC before this so I don't know a lot about upgrading most parts.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts