My stop me from now Buying the HP Omen Obelisk RTX 2080Ti build if it doesn't explode

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 3, 2020
Visit site
I think I figured out my own misunderstanding. I thought that the Asus didn't have any front IO other than audio. It is only lacking a USB 3.1 Gen2 port but has the others that I can use with my NZXT front panel. Thanks on Storage advice.

Reactions: Oussebon
If a review was criticising the X570 PLUS for its front IO, it will probably have been for a lack of USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10gbps USB). It has that at the rear only.

But any modern motherboard will have both USB 3 and USB 2 internal connectors - precisely to allow cases' front USB ports to be connected.

Edit: Never saw your post immediately above - the notification only took me to your previous one. So yeah, you figured correctly I suspect!

Last edited:
Reactions: Daso
May 3, 2020
Visit site
Congratulations!! And a very nice setup too

How's the monitor gone down?

Hi, the monitor is beautiful, even my wife likes it 😊😊. Very sharp, colors great and so far so good. No dead pixels as well. Really sharp and while I think I see a difference on metro when I switch between 144 and 160, could be wishful thinking. Question if do I leave overclock monitor on, or only for gaming? Overall I am stoked and really happy with this. Had a weird no wake up from sleep situation yesterday but a restart cleared it.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi, it's the LG UltraGear 34GN850-B 34" 21:9 Curved 160 Hz Adaptive-Sync HDR IPS Gaming Monitor

I have the game set a 3440x1440 with aspect ratio at auto, quality at ultra , vsync off and motion blur is high and it's running beautifully, very fast and no weird nausea inducing blur. I'm actually surprised how nice it is. Also playing gears 5 at highest settings and it's just great. Thanks on monitor overclock. Why even make it an option then and not just have at at 160 from the factory? Good to know that I can just leave it. Lots of different settings I should play with. Overall , its super nice on games as well as photo editing so far and general use.

Why even make it an option then and not just have at at 160 from the factory?

At a guess, it may not be guaranteed, or it may potentially cause some compatibility issues or worsen some elements of performance.

You lose some features:

DP (Max. Resolution at Hz)3440x1440 10bit(RGB444) at 144Hz,
3440 x 1440 8bit(RGB444) at 160Hz(O/C),
3440 x 1440 10bit(YUV422) at 160Hz(O/C)

e.g. RGB444 10 bit colour. Apparently.

So I guess it's offered as "you can probably use this, but X people might not want to" (or be able to(?)).

May 3, 2020
Visit site
At a guess, it may not be guaranteed, or it may potentially cause some compatibility issues or worsen some elements of performance.

You lose some features:

DP (Max. Resolution at Hz)3440x1440 10bit(RGB444) at 144Hz,
3440 x 1440 8bit(RGB444) at 160Hz(O/C),
3440 x 1440 10bit(YUV422) at 160Hz(O/C)

e.g. RGB444 10 bit colour. Apparently.

So I guess it's offered as "you can probably use this, but X people might not want to" (or be able to(?)).

It does actually warn you when you switch that if image has issues switch back. So far it looks like a great monitor. Probably the nicest I've ever purchased, but it's not like I've purchased a lot of $1k monitors 😂😂😂. I'm probably crazy, but I am happy 😊

Zoid

Community Contributor
@Daso Crazy times at work have been keeping me away from the forums for a couple weeks but I wanted to pop in and say congrats on the finished build! It looks great, and it sounds like you're already getting great performance out of it. Glad to hear it's as quiet as you wanted as well!

May 3, 2020
Visit site
@Daso Crazy times at work have been keeping me away from the forums for a couple weeks but I wanted to pop in and say congrats on the finished build! It looks great, and it sounds like you're already getting great performance out of it. Glad to hear it's as quiet as you wanted as well!

Hi Thanks. I'm amazed at how quite it's running when I'm playing games as well. Everything has been great aside from a weird "no wake up from sleep" issue that happens sometimes, but that is only when the system goes to sleep

Reactions: Zoid
May 3, 2020
Visit site
Is it not waking from sleep at all, or is that it that you get no video output from waking from sleep but the thing still seems to stir into some kind of life?

Hi, the system is on and the power led is blinking. I think it's the video card not putting out signal. I changed settings to computer never goes to sleep and that has allowed the monitor to shut down and not freeze in sleep mode.

Apparently pressing Win+Ctrl+Shift+B restarts your graphics driver. Could be worth seeing if that causes the thing to wake up. If not then it could be a monitor issue rather than a GPU/Windows/driver issue. Perhaps it's a known 'thing' and there's a monitor firmware update to address it.

That said, when I get stuff like this I tend to hunt the cause down ruthlessly, no matter if it can be worked around. Not everyone shares this approach, understandably.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Apparently pressing Win+Ctrl+Shift+B restarts your graphics driver. Could be worth seeing if that causes the thing to wake up. If not then it could be a monitor issue rather than a GPU/Windows/driver issue. Perhaps it's a known 'thing' and there's a monitor firmware update to address it.

thanks, that sounds like it’s worth trying with the restart. It actually wakes the monitor up for a second like a signal was sent but then the monitor doesn’t get any more input and goes back to sleep. It actually just happened again. Last night I put the pc to sleep manually and I just hit the space bar to wake up and the monitor triggers and display port pops up on screen and the PC makes a quick startup noise but then monitor says no input and pc led is staying solid like it’s awake but no video signal. Computer is on and running at idle. Only way to wake it up is the hold power button until it forces shut down and then restart. Other than that, pc runs amazingly. I also just tries the key press you mentioned but nothing happened unfortunately. Thanks for the help. Not sure how to g
fiigure this one out.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Never tried that. Will let you know if that does the trick next time it happens. It must be some stupid thing I need to update. Does it sound like it could be a hardware defect or likely a driver issue. So simple yet so annoying.

TRENDING THREADS