Question my PC is going AFK when I start a game

Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

For 2 days I have a strange behaviour on my laptop and can't find any help on google.

When I launch a game, I have a ~4 minutes delay before it actually starts.

During this time my PC is not slow or underpowered and I can quickly navigate to other software or my browser.
BUT, if I make any actions (like to go to another url, open a folder explorer window or start another application) they will all run at once, later, when the game starts.

Do you have any clue on what's happening?

Hello,

For 2 days I have a strange behaviour on my laptop and can't find any help on google.

When I launch a game, I have a ~4 minutes delay before it actually starts.

During this time my PC is not slow or underpowered and I can quickly navigate to other software or my browser.
BUT, if I make any actions (like to go to another url, open a folder explorer window or start another application) they will all run at once, later, when the game starts.

Do you have any clue on what's happening?
Is it the same game every time or does it happen when you launch any game? If it's just one game, is it modded?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
Is it the same game every time or does it happen when you launch any game? If it's just one game, is it modded?
It happen on several games, like Halo Infinite or a game of League Of Legends (for LoL, the launcher behave as expected, but when a game starts, I have the issue).
It seems related to fullscreen or 3D games, because, for example, the TCG Marvel Snap is OK

TRENDING THREADS