Question My new Gaming Laptop

Jun 14, 2020
Visit site
My new Gaming Laptop: HP v ACER v ASUS v MSI

I know there's many threads similar to this one, and I'm sorry to open another one,
but here we go.
I need a new laptop, my 8 years old HP pavilion is nearly dead; gaming is not the most important thing I'll do with it, I mainly need it for academic purposes, like online classes and coding softwares such as Matlab, R-studio etc.
Still, I'll fancy doing some gaming, mostly games that don't run on consoles, like Pro Cycling Manager.
My first option would be the HP Gaming Pavilion (Amazon link), the cheapest one by far (300-400€), so I was wondering if it's good enough to run games like NBA2K decently.
If the answer is negative, my next options are three laptops nearly equivalent pricewise: the MSI GF65 16GB RAM (Like this, but intel i5 instead of i7); the ASUS ROG G531GT (Like this one, but more expensive and with only 256 ssd).
And, last but not least, the Acer Nitro 5, with, 1TB ssd but no hdd, 16GB RAM and intel i7 (there's also an option with 256 gb ssd and 1tb hdd, what you think?).
If you've come this far I thank you, and I'll thank you more if you'll help me, I really need it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
I recommend to buy Acer Nitro 5 which i used for gaming and its performance is high, graphics are very good.

Specifications:10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10750H processor
  • Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 VRAM
  • 17.3" FHD Narrow Border IPS LED backlit TFT LCD
  • Rapid 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms overdrive response time
  • 16GB RAM
  • 1TB PCIe SSD
  • Dual cooling fans with Acer CoolBoost™ technology
  • 2.5kg
  • 2 Years Carry-in local Singapore Warranty
  • AX WLAN
  • Support Bluetooth 5.0
  • RGB Backlit Keyboard
I have buy this laptop from website: https://www.electronicscrazy.sg/gaming-gadgets/gaming-laptops/

But Acer Nitro 5 is sold out. you can contact the web admin to buy this laptop and also bargain with sellers.

Thanks