Processor- Intel i5 9600KF
Memory- Corsair Veng RGB Pro 16Gb
Power Supply- Corsair SF
Motherboard- MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Storage- Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB
CPU Cooler- Corsair H60
Case- NZXT H510

Reactions: manhbao1010
Did you build it already or are you about to?

What country and currency are you shopping in?

What is the budget + price of that spec?

Where are you getting the parts from? And how much does each cost at your local prices? Are they new or 2nd hand?
Might be easiest to do a partpicker list and copy that here: https://pcpartpicker.com/ if you can

In general, if it's for gaming, I'd say you can get something better value / performance for a similar price. Hard to be specific without knowing the above.

Reactions: Zoid
Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
Graphics Card- GeForce GTX 1060
Processor- Intel i5 9600KF
Memory- Corsair Veng RGB Pro 16Gb
Power Supply- Corsair SF
Motherboard- MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Storage- Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB
CPU Cooler- Corsair H60
Case- NZXT H510

As a comparison:

Fractel Focus G Case
I5-8400 6C/6T CPU Fan cooled
LG 2560 X 1080 60hz Widescreen Monitor
Gigabyte Z390UD Board
Kingston A1000 M.2 NVMe SSD 240GB
Samsung SSD 860 Evo 500GB
Kingston SSD SV300S37A 120GB
Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro 6GB
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18
6 - Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB Fans
Redragon K580 VATA RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
MX Master wireless mouse.

I consider it a good mid grade gamers pc.

Approx $2000 US, runs great and very cool. Plan on updating cpu down the road but very good rating as a gamer chip.

Last edited:
@ cruz666 - if you own that PC already and are happy with it, that's great :)

@ everyone else - don't buy that spec for gaming. Modern options and pricing fortunately mean you can get much better for $2000.

We really need @STaLLiOnO to tell us what the deal is before giving advice I think

May 6, 2020
Visit site
As a comparison:

Fractel Focus G Case
I5-8400 6C/6T CPU Fan cooled
LG 2560 X 1080 60hz Widescreen Monitor
Gigabyte Z390UD Board
Kingston A1000 M.2 NVMe SSD 240GB
Samsung SSD 860 Evo 500GB
Kingston SSD SV300S37A 120GB
Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro 6GB
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18
6 - Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB Fans
Redragon K580 VATA RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
MX Master wireless mouse.

I consider it a good mid grade gamers pc.

Approx $2000 US, runs great and very cool. Plan on updating cpu down the road but very good rating as a gamer chip.

I feel i can go a bit cheaper. I'm mainly doing Sim Racing. Here is my next build.

CPU- i5 9400F
Motherboard- MSI Z390 A-Pro
Ram- Corsair Veng LPX 16GB
GPU- GTX 1660 Super
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart 500 Watt
Case- Versia H18
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Blk Edition Cpu Air Cooler
Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM B1066 Cooling Fan

@
Oussebon

What are you talking about ADVICE? Who said that? Most people want to overpay for a PC.. LOL go ahead

You asked for thoughts on your build.

if that means you want advice, you need to provide some of the info I asked for - and the info in the PC Gamer guide would be great too :)

If you mean you just want opinions, not advice, my opinion is that it's money up the wall and a poorly balanced build. You're buying a cheap case and putting better fans in instead of just buying a better case you don't need to do that for. You're buying an expensive motherboard and a mid-range, locked processor, that ends up at least as expensive and performing worse than the alternatives available. And most other PSU companies would have had to have gone bust before I bought a Thermaltake one. :p

I'd be tempted to wait for the Ryzen 3300X. It's available in the UK at the end of May.
Although a 4 core/8 thread processor it comes with it's own cooler and is clocked at 3.8ghz/4.3 ghz boost
It's £120 in the UK.

The i5-9400F is 2.9 ghz/4.1 ghz turbo but is a 6 core/6 thread processor. That's £135 and another £30 for the cooler.

If you also get a new B550 motherboard then it will be compatible with the newer Ryzen 4000 "Ryzen 3 Architecture" CPU's if you wanted to upgrade in the future. With Intel you have literally no chance of upgrading without a new motherboard. You also get PCIe 4.0 support.

Currently the B450 Motherboards are ~£100 and the B550 are meant to be about the same price.
A Z390 motherboard is about £150.

I would have advised buying the Ryzen 5 3600 but I think the newer 4 core 3300X processor will easily beenough for a 1080p build.

I've mainly used intel in the past but when my PSU fried my motherboad I went with the Ryzen
5 1600X and have been very happy with it.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Rolfil

@I don't think i want to spend a ton on a Gaming PC. So many PC components on the market. So a Ryzen 3 or 5, will be better value then an Intel 5? I'm not going to be streaming or doing video editing on the Computer. Mostly Sim Racing, Shooters possibly and Poker.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Did you build it already or are you about to? I want to build

What country and currency are you shopping in? I'm in USA

What is the budget + price of that spec? around $850.. My budget will vary. I could wait till the Holiday Season

Where are you getting the parts from? And how much does each cost at your local prices? Are they new or 2nd hand? I might buy on Amazon, Newegg and Best Buy.. The parts are new
Might be easiest to do a partpicker list and copy that here: https://pcpartpicker.com/ if you can
How about help me out with a good Gaming PC..

In general, if it's for gaming, I'd say you can get something better value / performance for a similar price. Hard to be specific without knowing the above. I'm asking for help on good CPU.. Maybe $700

Reactions: Oussebon
For a lower end Gaming PC I would say that Ryzen is better.

Have a read of
which gives a good review of it, especially comparing it with different intel cpu's.

They don't rate the cooler that well but it's only a 65W draw CPU and Ryzen do not draw a huge amount of power. The overhead on some intel CPU is way above the that.

Thanks, that's helpful :)

Maybe something like:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($172.39 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($62.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ B&H)
Total: $775.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-07 15:28 EDT-0400

You could economise on the PSU, maybe with the Corsair VS series, but given that those are already north of $50 at the moment, going for a gold-rated Seasonic Focus seems like a reasonable investment.
You'll want an SSD for Windows, programs, and favourite games, in addition to any mass storage.

While the 3300x is an interesting 'budget' option, I do think the extra cores on the R5 3600 are worth the money. In some modern games there are already big differences in terms of framerate drops, and the price difference is a pretty small investment for the future.

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
@ cruz666 - if you own that PC already and are happy with it, that's great

@ everyone else - don't buy that spec for gaming. Modern options and pricing fortunately mean you can get much better for $2000.

We really need @STaLLiOnO to tell us what the deal is before giving advice I think

"you can get much better for $2000". I'd be curious as to what you'd suggest. I'm no expert but did exhaustive research before buying and would like to see your recommendation.

Like I say, pricing may have been different where and when you bought it, but if buying at current day prices for 2000 USD for gaming including the monitor:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($294.14 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Corsair)
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272QR 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($349.00 @ B&H)
Total: $1642.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-08 11:32 EDT-0400

With upto $350 left over for KB+M.
More powerful CPU with overall better and more consistent gaming performance
32gb RAM's a waste - 16gb is more than fine and by the time it's not the rest of the system will be obsolete anyway so it won't matter that you bought 32gb
Instead of buying a load of expensive fans for a budget case, buy a better case / case with those fans included
More straightfoward storage arrangement, more convenient for gaming as it doesn't involve juggling things around.
More powerful GPU

There are plenty of valid reasons that could explain the choices in your spec, but I wouldn't recommend it generally for gaming unless someone had extremely specific needs, probably in addition to gaming.

Also there are plenty of improvements and alternatives to the spec I posted I'm sure - it was just thrown together quickly to show what is possible

Happy to discuss further though might be best to move to a different topic for that to avoid derailing the OP's topic completely :)

Reactions: cruz666
May 6, 2020
Visit site
"you can get much better for $2000". I'd be curious as to what you'd suggest. I'm no expert but did exhaustive research before buying and would like to see your recommendation.

I'm not spending $2,000 on PC parts. You can mail me the extra and i'll gladly buy the parts. Most people go a bit crazy on power they might not even reach. I'm not Streaming, editing or having 3 Monitor setup. I'll never get a 4k screen. I just don't need to spend that kind of money.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
That was a reaction to Cruz666 with his pc built, not yours. @cruz666 I think it would be better to make your own topic. I know you don't want buying advice, but just to argue is fine too. This topic might get confusing if STaLLiOnO doesn't want a 2000$ PC while you're asking for recommendations. Also, check out this topic for 2000$ recommendations. Not everything is equally good, but it does give an idea of what you can get.

@STaLLiOnO can you please give a max budget of how much you're willing to spent? It's nearly impossible to give a best price/performance advice or thoughts if we don't know the pricing part. @Oussebon gave a good advice for a PC that's not nearly close to that budget :)

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
Like I say, pricing may have been different where and when you bought it, but if buying at current day prices for 2000 USD for gaming including the monitor:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($294.14 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Corsair)
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272QR 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($349.00 @ B&H)
Total: $1642.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-08 11:32 EDT-0400

With upto $350 left over for KB+M.
More powerful CPU with overall better and more consistent gaming performance
32gb RAM's a waste - 16gb is more than fine and by the time it's not the rest of the system will be obsolete anyway so it won't matter that you bought 32gb
Instead of buying a load of expensive fans for a budget case, buy a better case / case with those fans included
More straightfoward storage arrangement, more convenient for gaming as it doesn't involve juggling things around.
More powerful GPU

There are plenty of valid reasons that could explain the choices in your spec, but I wouldn't recommend it generally for gaming unless someone had extremely specific needs, probably in addition to gaming.

Also there are plenty of improvements and alternatives to the spec I posted I'm sure - it was just thrown together quickly to show what is possible

Happy to discuss further though might be best to move to a different topic for that to avoid derailing the OP's topic completely

Yeah there is a couple things you probably got me on.
The monitor, I paid only $250. I did look at the RX 5700 XT but got my RTX 2060 for $359.
The cpu I got for $189 figuring I can upgrade later.
Also at the time it's the best, least expensive I could afford at the time. I was looking at I7 too.
Lot of people going with AMD cpu's but most of those don't have built in graphics, which I needed for a while.
I was piece mealing as I went, getting the best, least cost I could do. Learn as you go.
Not a bad set up you have there. Decent price but after factoring in the accessories it's close in price. So many options, what to choose ? That was my problem as it is the original poster
STaLLiOnO

And I am running a second Samsung 42" TV/Monitor also.
Apologize to mods and feel free to move or delete.

@STaLLiOnO
"I'm not spending $2,000 on PC parts. "
You'll be surprised at what you end up dropping by the time your done.
Currently I can run everything thing I have at Ultra level settings and never get beyond 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
Keep us apprised of what you end up doing. Good luck and have fun.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
That was a reaction to Cruz666 with his pc built, not yours. @cruz666 I think it would be better to make your own topic. I know you don't want buying advice, but just to argue is fine too. This topic might get confusing if STaLLiOnO doesn't want a 2000$ PC while you're asking for recommendations. Also, check out this topic for 2000$ recommendations. Not everything is equally good, but it does give an idea of what you can get.

@STaLLiOnO can you please give a max budget of how much you're willing to spent? It's nearly impossible to give a best price/performance advice or thoughts if we don't know the pricing part. @Oussebon gave a good advice for a PC that's not nearly close to that budget
[/QUOT

@STaLLiOnO can you please give a max budget of how much you're willing to spent? It's nearly impossible to give a best price/performance advice or thoughts if we don't know the pricing part. @Oussebon gave a good advice for a PC that's not nearly close to that budget

I'll spend no more then $700 on Computer parts. I want to do Sim Racing and shooters. I won't be edition or streaming. The Monitor i'll decide on

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Maybe you could post a https://pcpartpicker.com/ list and people can give feedback with the $700 limit in mind?

I may get this build. I believe it's $621

Processor- AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics Card- Gigabyte Gaming Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Motherboard- GigabyteB450m DS3H Micro ATX Gaming
Ram- Corsair Veng LPX 16GB DDR4 3200
Power Supply- Evga 600w BR80+
Storage- SSD WB Blue 500GB
Storage- Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
Fans- Uphere white computer case fan 120mm LED silent fan
Case- NZXT H510

With the HDD, the build will be around $660 with Taxes

The problem I'm having is that you keep saying one price and then posting builds that don't seem to match up to that.

Are you buying 2nd hand or ebay, or what?

That's why I suggested posting a partpicker list so we can see how you intend to get those parts at that price.

Putting the above into partpicker comes out as over $700, not including the fan. And I guess not always including taxes either(?).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($72.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($74.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.29 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda ES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($37.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB OC Video Card ($229.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $715.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-08 17:12 EDT-0400

The build overall seems fine, it's just not possible to be more specific if we don't have a prayer of finding components at the same prices to give feedback.

For instance, why on earth would anyone buy an R5 2600 if it costs $160 when there's an R5 3600 for $172. Unless your R5 doesn't cost that much. But we don't know because you've not listed the part prices and sources.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
The problem I'm having is that you keep saying one price and then posting builds that don't seem to match up to that.

Are you buying 2nd hand or ebay, or what?

That's why I suggested posting a partpicker list so we can see how you intend to get those parts at that price.

Putting the above into partpicker comes out as over $700, not including the fan. And I guess not always including taxes either(?).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($72.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($74.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.29 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda ES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($37.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB OC Video Card ($229.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $715.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-08 17:12 EDT-0400

The build overall seems fine, it's just not possible to be more specific if we don't have a prayer of finding components at the same prices to give feedback.

For instance, why on earth would anyone buy an R5 2600 if it costs $160 when there's an R5 3600 for $172. Unless your R5 doesn't cost that much. But we don't know because you've not listed the part prices and sources.

Amazon has a lot of parts cheaper. That site you mentioned goes up and down.

TRENDING THREADS