My 1st PC Build.. Thoughts

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
It goes up and down depending on stock.

I think I get it now though - it sounds like you're buying from marketplace sellers on Amazon.

Be aware that sometimes manufactures have been known to refuse warranty service where parts are bought not off Amazon themselves but off marketplace sellers on Amazon, or any other marketplace website.

I'd never buy expensive new components off a marketplace seller. If you're happy taking the risk, it's your cash of course.

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
Like I say, pricing may have been different where and when you bought it, but if buying at current day prices for 2000 USD for gaming including the monitor:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($294.14 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Corsair)
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272QR 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($349.00 @ B&H)
Total: $1642.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-08 11:32 EDT-0400

With upto $350 left over for KB+M.
More powerful CPU with overall better and more consistent gaming performance
32gb RAM's a waste - 16gb is more than fine and by the time it's not the rest of the system will be obsolete anyway so it won't matter that you bought 32gb
Instead of buying a load of expensive fans for a budget case, buy a better case / case with those fans included
More straightfoward storage arrangement, more convenient for gaming as it doesn't involve juggling things around.
More powerful GPU

There are plenty of valid reasons that could explain the choices in your spec, but I wouldn't recommend it generally for gaming unless someone had extremely specific needs, probably in addition to gaming.

Also there are plenty of improvements and alternatives to the spec I posted I'm sure - it was just thrown together quickly to show what is possible

Happy to discuss further though might be best to move to a different topic for that to avoid derailing the OP's topic completely

May 11, 2020
Visit site
New here! Hope all is well!

My first build -
Case - White Lian Li 011 Dynamic
5 x Deep Cool RGB fans
Asus x570-P Prime
Ryzen 7 3700x
Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16gb 3600mhz
Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid Cooler
Western Digital 1Tb NVMe SSD M.2 w/ heatsink
Firecuda 2Tb SSD
Power supply - Gigabyte G750H gold plus
Additional sh*t - Keith Haring 200% Be@r Brick
Keyboard- Razed huntsman tournament tkl
Mouse - Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed
Headset - HyperX Cloud Alpha S

Not sure how to share pics on here but she’s gorgeous ahahah!

Evidently all my choices were wrong.
I didn't say that. Literally nobody said that. 🤷‍♂️

That way, i might be able to buy expensive PC parts for cheaper.
Or, alternatively, you'll be able to buy better parts for the same (ish) prices as today :)

But perhaps we'll see the R5 3600 come down even further from ~$180 and go for the same low prices we saw the R5 1600 / 2600 at. Here's hoping.

@Lj588 Welcome to the forum :)

To post photos, upload them to imgur and share the link of your photo / album. It will insert them as media into the post.

Can I suggest doing that in a new topic? This topic was for discussing someone else's spec, so your spec will get missed if you post here. Looks lovely!

You could potentially post it here where people are showing off their setups.

Or make a new topic:

TRENDING THREADS