Motherboard throttling gpu?

COLGeek

CPU GPU throttling is nearly always a heat or power related issue. What CPU cooler are you using? What is your GPU's operating temperature at idle and under load?

Using an application like GPU-Z, what speed does the Bus Interface indicate (PCIe related information)?

What makes you think you have a throttling issue? What is the make/model of your PSU?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 17, 2022
Visit site
my gpu temps are 40-50 degrees during idling and 60-70 degrees under load. My pci bus is x16 gen3. I just feel like my motherboard and cpu are 7 years older than my gpu so there may be an issue with throttling.

Aug 17, 2022
Visit site
I had a 2080 before and I was getting around 70-80 fps on battlefield 1 on ultra settings and then I got a 3080 Ti but there was no noticeable improvement

COLGeek

This is not a throttling issue. Rather, it is a bottleneck issue, where the CPU can't feed the GPU fast enough for increased performance.

This can vary from game to game and can be mitigated a bit via game settings. You can also overclock the CPU for some improvement.

I wouldn't worry about it unless your config is unable to meet some particular need. You always have the option to improve your hardware if you have the $$$.

TRENDING THREADS