Monitor or TV?

Pecan

BANNED
May 8, 2020
Visit site
Time for a new screen but I'm not after a monster.
I only have space for a 32 inch monitor or TV and am currently using 21 inch 1920 x 1080 with a 60hz refresh rate.
4k seems reasonably cheap these days, so that's ok but is it worth getting a dedicated monitor or are TVs just as good at that size?

(PC Gamer's 'best of' monitors quite reasonably ignores TVs while the TV article only includes huge things, by my standards).

May 3, 2020
Visit site
If you want something good for anything more competitive than mario party i would say get a monitors they get better features higher refresh rates but they are more expensive usually 32 inches willbe good with a high refresh rate and detail.

Reactions: Frindis

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
You are better off having a dedicated monitor for gaming, especially if you want to play competitively in any way. I'm not going to dive in to the science of it, mostly because I'm not sure how it really translates to real-world perceptions. 60Hz is fine, but you may consider finding a monitor that has some more Hz headroom, 120Hz or 144Hz. If you chose the right monitor for you, it should last a considerable amount of time. They tend to even when you don't. So choose wisely.

Or, just choose the best of both worlds (Not sure if this platform is available in 32" though). It would probably be cheaper to actually get two monitors instead of one large gaming spec monitor.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS