Question Mid-Week Question: What Cyberpunk-style implant would you want in real life?

I recently had a crown put in, a fake tooth to replace a real tooth of mine that had failed. But in Cyberpunk 2077, we see people with all sorts of replacements for body parts—cyber eyes, robot arms, head implants, and basically entire bodies replaced with cyberware.

So, if you could imagine one cyber-implant you would actually get in real life, what would it be? A HUD overlay for your eye, or a camera so you could record everything you see? An internet connection so you could scroll twitter in your mind? A voice stress analyzer for your ear so you'd know when people were lying? A super strong limb? A silver hand, like the guy with the silver hand, Johnny... I forget his last name.

Let me know! We'll post your answers along with our tomorrow (Thursday), probably!

I'd like some kind of spiderman hooks embedded into my hands so I could be doing free climbing like Alex Honnold. Besides that, I'd love to have a cybernetic chameleon face, so I could steal borrow the identity of a person for a couple of hours. For research purposes of course.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Give me the eyes - and I want to see all the colors! No mapping them to existing colors: red stays red, shortwave radio is a completely new color. Oh, and I assume this comes with the fat-away nanobots where you just think about what fat you want to reduce and the nanobots chew it all up? Because the guy down the street says they're standard.

Reactions: Frindis
The internetconnection sounds nice: win on any quiz or never fail an examination again (oh well, except for math maybe, but who needs that?. You can Google-translate you to a degree in translation :D). You could be the smart friend, or the guy who gets all the smart chicks. Next time you hold on to your Guinness, you say:

''a dark Irish dry stout that originated in the brewery of Arthur Guinness at St. James's Gate, Dublin, Ireland, in 1759. It is one of the most successful alcohol brands worldwide, brewed in almost 50 countries, and available in over 120. Sales in 2011 amounted to 850 million litres (220,000,000 US gal). It is popular with the Irish, both in Ireland and abroad. In spite of declining consumption since 2001, it is still the best-selling drink in Ireland where Guinness & Co Brewery makes almost €2 billion worth of beer annually. ''

Now, cheers!

Reactions: Brian Boru

McStabStab

Community Contributor
A guy I work with just got new hearing aides and they connect to his phone or other devices via Bluetooth. Pacemakers, insulin pumps, prosthetic limbs, etc. body augmentation technology is definitely going this way. I don't know if I'd want anything you've listed because they all give me flashbacks to Black Mirror episodes, but I wouldn't mind having some sort of exoskeleton I could hook into in the event that I had to lift something incredibly heavy.

Let's approach this with some serious thought. The logical thing to do is to replace the organ/body part that can potentially improve my life the most, moreso if my current organic version is a particularly poor example of its type.

That all said, it's obvious really...

wizard-of-oz-scarecrow.jpeg

Last edited:
Subdermal armor - so I can walk around casually in a bank going through a robbery and be like
"What's these blokes on about eh? Can I make a deposit?"

While the Robbers are shooting non stop wondering what's wrong with their guns.

TRENDING THREADS