May I offer some Steam keys from bundles that I don't want/need?

Got a few extra keys to games like Dirt 5 and Paradise Killer among July's offerings. Or I could give the keys to a mod, and you all could run contests or something. I hate for them to go to waste.

I was just gonna post a 'who wants one' thread and let it be first come/first serve, one game per person.

I used to have a lot of friends online that I would badger about taking games, but I've kind of drifted away from them. The few people left I usually ask always say they don't want them. I've probably got more than 50 games just sitting on Humble that I haven't put on my Steam account.

Thanks

I think running one big or several small contests would be a fun way to give out the keys. I'll take it up with the other moderators and see if they would like to join for a collab or got better ideas for what we could do. You are off course also free to post the keys for the first one to grab, if you so choose, just don't post them with the full code straight out, as bots will pick them up faster than I can say: "Oh, there goes the keys." I'll PM you when I have talked with the other mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZedClampet
I think running one big or several small contests would be a fun way to give out the keys. I'll take it up with the other moderators and see if they would like to join for a collab or got better ideas for what we could do. You are off course also free to post the keys for the first one to grab, if you so choose, just don't post them with the full code straight out, as bots will pick them up faster than I can say: "Oh, there goes the keys." I'll PM you when I have talked with the other mods.

I'll let you guys do it. I was going to implement a couple of eligibility rules: 1) That you had to already have an account before I posted, and 2) That you had to have at least 5 posts. And then I was going to encourage people to join and post because there would be more giveaways with the same rules. As far as the keys go, I was going to PM those to out.

I was a bit fast on the trigger when it came to planning a contest and after talking with staff the most suitable way would be to have a key giveaway thread of some sort, as you also mentioned. The rule about having to already have an account before you posted I think is a great idea.

Last edited:
@ZedClampet Yeah, it could potentially be one thread with some basic ground rules so each member would know how to share the keys and as a way to keep it away from the claws of spam/bots. The "first come first serve" idea could work for everyone also, as the winner could get the keys through PM. That would keep it safe and clean and a way for you and other key posters to take a look at who won before PM'ing the keys.

TRENDING THREADS