May 2024 General Game Discussions

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Picross Touch, one of my daily 'fillers', now 2,000 puzzles completed! There's an award for that, right?

jxGg4BR.png

I haven't played on our desktop PC since before my in-laws visited, well over 4 weeks ago. I would like to finish The Outer Worlds still, but it's going to be a pain to get back into it at this point.

I've only played a bit on my phone. I've tried out Rumble Club with my wife, which is okay for very short sessions. I played a little bit of Fortnite with my wife too, but that isn't great on a phone either.

I did find a new deck-building game: Harvest101. It has some microtransactions, but I have completed over 50 levels without feeling like I needed to spend any money.

After a long night I only had time to play for about 30 minutes yesterday. I fired up some DUSK and played a bit of the endless mode. It’s great for when you only have a short amount of time to play. I told myself I will get off as soon as I die, well I ended up playing for almost an hour and getting to bed late. Worth it though as I kept beating my PR each run. I really need to beat the main game, plus I think you unlock more endless mode maps if you get further in the main game. I really love the flip feature, just move your mouse fast enough and you can do a front or backflip. I was backflipping and flying through the air all over the map haha.

So a lull in indie games, i'm playing a platform rogue like the super house of dead ninjas. A quick and breezy game that i've finished on normal. Not done it on hard to get the final ending. I might try playing on normal a few more times, unlock some stuff and practice before taking another stab on hard. The only difference is that there are no continues and checkpoints on hard.

Guido and I are stuck in Abiotic Factor, and there are no video walkthroughs or guides for this part of the game that I've found. I asked for help on reddit and Steam forums and got no responses. Usually you get some sort of message when you run out of content in an early access game, so I guess we'll just keep running around in circles till we figure it out. Problem is we have very limited ammo to be screwing around with.

I was going to try Diablo IV on Game Pass, but when I clicked to install it, it said I needed a Battle.net account. Um, no. I thought they were getting rid of Battle.net when they agreed to have half their employees fired by Microsoft.
From what I can find, it may have been a rumor or they have not yet started to phase out Battle.net, I can’t find any concrete info on that. I do wish that games on GP didn’t require extra launchers, like EA and Ubisoft games do. You have to make whole new accounts on those services just to play their games that are listed on GP, and I don’t think console players have to deal with that if they don’t want to. Unfortunately on PC that kind of stuff is mandatory when using Game Pass.

Btw, Diablo 4’s massive overhaul patch is coming on May 14th, reportedly it’s supposed to change everything about how the game works. I’m personally gonna wait until after that patch before diving in.

V-Rising's game customization settings don't work after the 1.0 update. There are going to be a lot of angry people who went in and changed nothing but castle settings who are going to play for 30 hours before realizing that their settings changes didn't take, and they can only build a two floor castle instead of a 6 floor one, and that can't be changed after you start your new game.

Fortunately, I noticed some odd things about setting up a game and tested it immediately with something else.

Anyway, I left a bug report last night, and left instructions for players in a Steam forums thread on how to fix it. That's all I can do. I'm sure the official fix will be out by morning.

MMO's aren't going to be able to survive that. Hmmm, I wonder if a simple warning message on the "box" would be enough?

Probably not, but the best outcome is perhaps separate the game from a centralized online element that kills the game and makes it unplayable were centralized elements at publisher removed. make it so like the old days where community servers could be set up so even if publishers don't want to support it, if anyone was bothered they could host it themselves.

its also more the SP aspects of it, an online element shouldn't break what should/could be played in isolation. Sure the online elements won't be functional, but the game should still be playable.

Random thoughts:

The in-engine developer tools for House Flipper 2 are very cool. Building a level (a property) is like building in a game. It's so easy they could put out new properties every day if they wanted to.

In Supermarket Simulator, whenever you are trying to enter a price, if you accidentally hit "comma" instead of "period", it goes ahead and puts a period in for you. Nice touch.

Last edited:
It kinda has to for localisation purposes because in a lot of countries they use the comma as their decimal marker.
I would have thought the standard practice would be to not allow commas in the field at all since they are using an expensive variant of "invariant culture".

But maybe this is what Invariant culture looks like on the user end. I've never actually used it before. I was under the impression that it only changed things behind the scenes for calculations.

Speaking of Supermarket Simulator, I've been testing how much I can raise prices over market, which is annoying since you have to calculate and change each price individually.

Last edited:
From what I can find, it may have been a rumor or they have not yet started to phase out Battle.net, I can’t find any concrete info on that. I do wish that games on GP didn’t require extra launchers, like EA and Ubisoft games do. You have to make whole new accounts on those services just to play their games that are listed on GP, and I don’t think console players have to deal with that if they don’t want to. Unfortunately on PC that kind of stuff is mandatory when using Game Pass.
Factors are: How many people who have Battlenet accounts don't have Gamepass? Either way someone complains. People with Battlenet or people with Gamepass.

Gamepass isn't free, yet Battlenet is once you own game, so do Microsoft give every battlenet player a user? Or option to link account? Do they enforce it? Do they follow Sony with its latest ploy?

I don't appreciate EA launcher loading if I play an EA game on there, to point I don't play EA games at all... really, I haven't played any gamepass games since I got it.

TRENDING THREADS