Question M.2 not showing in windows

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I just bought Samsung 970 EVO ssd m.2, but hi didn't show in windows installation process and in desktop, but in boot menu and bios i see it.( Motherboard gigabyte b460m arose pro)
I tried ro install samsung drivers and changing the m.2 slot but nothing.
Any idea to help.

Thanks.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see in Disk Management (DM)?

If it shows in DM, try each of these in turn and reboot, until one of them solves it:
1. Confirm the disk is using the correct file system—probably NTFS—and the 'Status' reads Healthy.
2. In the bottom detail section of DM, does it mention a partition, probably 'Basic Data Partition'? If not, you need to partition the disk.
3. Change the drive letter.
4. Format the drive. If a Quick format doesn't help, do a full format—might take an hour or so.
5. Rebuild the Master Boot Record (MBR).

If it doesn't show in DM, check if it's actually turned on in BIOS.
If it is, turn it off, reboot, turn it on again.

That's all I got, good luck!

Reactions: Sins-Y
Did you check this?
check if it's actually turned on in BIOS
Did you build or buy your PC?
If you're comfy opening it up—after switching PC off!—take the drive out and put it back in. Maybe one of the power or data connections isn't quite right, and reseating them will sort it.

While you do that, change the motherboard slot the drive is connected to—it's possible the current port isn't quite right.

What's your current disk setup? One system drive, and this Samsung?

ETA: anything useful in Event Viewer, like error codes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sins-Y
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Did you check this?
Did you build or buy your PC?
If you're comfy opening it up—after switching PC off!—take the drive out and put it back in. Maybe one of the power or data connections isn't quite right, and reseating them will sort it.

While you do that, change the motherboard slot the drive is connected to—it's possible the current port isn't quite right.

What's your current disk setup? One system drive, and this Samsung?

ETA: anything useful in Event Viewer, like error codes?
I tried all that, its now build and i tried all slots,
I think that m.2 is broken??
Thanks by the way 🙂

TRENDING THREADS