Question Low FPS in one game with ( At least I think) good specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Mod edit: OP, please message a moderator if you need this thread reopened.]

In the beginning: Sorry for my bad english. I'll try my best to make everything clear in english, but my motherlanguage isn't english, sorry for that...

So when I try to play Singleplayer or also Multiplayer, I experience to have very low FPS. As said in the Title, I think my PC should be able to handle Minecraft on 4k with more than 14 - 20 FPS. Here are my specs:

Processor
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Windows 10

I hope that's enough information on my hardware, if not just tell me what you need else, and I'll try to provide it to you. I'll also attach a screenshot of my Ingame F3 Menu:

OEvxcIY.png

I also tried reinstalling Minecraft. (in Games like Warzone I get up to between 70 - 100 FPS on a 4K resolution....)

And after searching the Internet I also changed my JVM-Arguments to:

-Xmx8G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=60 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50
-XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

(if that helps anything)

So if you have any advice or anything like that, I'd love to hear it^^

Edit: I had my Render Distance on 22 Chunks, now I have around 30-40 FPS but I feel like I should still be getting more

Last edited by a moderator:
Minecraft is more cpu dependant than GPU (unless you running ray tracing maybe). You would think 6 cores/12 threads is enough.

what motherboard is it? Do you have latest chipset drivers and bios?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Minecraft is more cpu dependant than GPU (unless you running ray tracing maybe). You would think 6 cores/12 threads is enough.

what motherboard is it? Do you have latest chipset drivers and bios?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Thank for the fast response, but it didn't fix it :/
And my Mainboard is: Screenshot of CPU-Z (My Mainboard)
So I have the Micro Star B450M PRO-VDH PLUS

And yes I think I have the newest Drivers and Bios, I updated it about a Month ago, but it's always been like that, also before I updated everything....

Any other Ideas?

maybe you can try to adjust video setting like Render distance, Setting the Graphic to Fast or Fancy, Smooth lighting, Minimap Level, VBOs you can experiment with this option. Sometimes it increases the fps by about 2 or 3, but sometimes it also reduces the fps. but that just give you small impact, sorry for my bad language

I already experimented with that, but that doesn't seem to change too much :/

i would ask if you running dsr but i don't think it works on 4k monitors, its max appears to be 4k now so it wouldn't be on.

Hard to avoid websites that claim to have an answer but are just spam.

according to one website it should run it at 197fps

You could try this, I have seen it suggested here before - https://optifine.net/home

I'll try Optifine, thanks, but shouldn't it be running "better" in Vanilla too?

EDIT: I tried it with Optifine now, and now I have up to 70 - 80 FPS but a friend of mine, who's PC hasn't got as good specs as mine has, has up to 200 FPS.... Or is that becasue I'm playing on a 4k Monitor?

Jul 5, 2021
Visit site
Sometimes resolution has a big impact on performance. More pixels per frame means more rendering work for your GPU. I suggest you better go with 1080p resolution or try lowering the resolution to 720p which can improve the game without having a big impact on the game display. Increasing the frame rate also affects the visual quality.
If you feel you are sacrificing too many graphics settings for your target frame rate, there is always another option, try upgrading a system with a faster GPU and CPU. This can help your system manage more on-screen objects and post-processing effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS