looking to upgrade parts

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi All,
I am a slight novice when it comes down to what parts are compatible with what I am looking to upgrade my graphics card, my computer is around 4 years old and has the following parts installed,
  1. Asus Prime Z270-K Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
  2. Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
  3. Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
  4. Intel 600P 256GB SSD
  5. Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks

Hi

Its going to be hard for you to upgrade your graphics card at the moment unless you have a lot of money to spend, unfortunately.

Lucky for you that at least your card is capable of playing most games still!

However it would help to know what country you are in, what your maximum budget is. We also need to know what exact make and model of power supply your computer has, and what case it is all contained in so we know what would physically fit inside.

All this on the outside chance that something is available locally to you. Sorry to say.

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site
hi.

thanks for the reply, the game i am currently playing is currently running between 30-60fps (not sure if this is good or not) I am from the UK. do not really have a budget at the minute just look for options,

case is:
Phanteks Eclipse P400 Midi Tower Case - White Window
not 100%sure what power supply is,

thanks

I don't think I can help you, honestly. PC partpicker is showing potentially a Radeon 5500XT or a GTX 1660 available and literally nothing else in the U.K. These would be a bit of an upgrade and would likely run with whatever PSU you have, if it ran a GTX 1060. I cant speak as to whether they are value for money at the moment, I would say that they are not.

PSU is very important btw, but that's another story.

Its madness out there.

TRENDING THREADS