Looking to upgrade graphics card (GeForce GTX 960) - low budget

Dec 14, 2022
Visit site
Hello. I'm wanting to see what my options are for upgrading my graphics card. I'm not super tech savvy but am capable of learning how to install a new graphics card at least. There's enough out there on google and youtube for that, lol.

But when I try to research what I could upgrade to, it feels overwhelming. I know I can't just pick any card I want because my CPU and stuff limit what I can run. And the price is also an issue. I think the power supply can be an issue as well? I have no idea what I've got, though. I'd have to get into my computer and actually look, and if I can avoid doing that, I will. It's a pain in the butt to get at.

Mainly wanting to upgrade because some of the newer games have low fps and lag for me when I try to run them on decent settings. They're not unplayable, but I suspect it may get to that point soon.

No overclocking.
No brand or website preference.

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
16.0 GB of RAM
64-bit Windows 10

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions/help.

Zoid

Community Contributor
In order to offer recommendations we will need just a little more info (and it might require getting into your PC if you don't know what hardware you have, I know that can be a pain if you have it tucked into a cabinet somewhere).

The most basic information we need is:
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What power supply do you have (we at least need to know wattage, but make and model would be better)?
  3. What case do you have (or if you don't know the case, measure the interior dimensions to see how big of a graphics card you can fit)?
  4. What games do you play and what sort of performance / resolution are you hoping to achieve?

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS