Im looking to upgrade my cpu

Current specs:

Psu : Phanteks AMP 650 W -ATX- (copypasta font :) )​

Cpu : Amd 5 3600
Gpu amd rx 6600
Motherboard: b450 plus
16gigs ram

Thinking about Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Mainly the reason to upgrade is to play escape from tarkov since my current pc does not really run it that good.

Does the Ryzen 7 5800X3D work with these parts that I have? And it brobably needs bios update or something? Someone said sometho g about that

Last edited:
Reactions: neogunhero
They are both AM4 socket CPUs so I’m sure your motherboard will be able to accept it. Check PCPartPicker for more accurate answers it will let you know if your motherboard and power supply will be enough for your whole rig with the new CPU.
And yes it’s generally recommended to update BIOS before installing a new CPU, especially since some BIOS firmware updates adds support for newer chips. Be sure to follow a guide as to not mess up updating the BIOS, it can be a little daunting if you don’t do it often.

Dec 6, 2022
Visit site
They are both AM4 socket CPUs so I’m sure your motherboard will be able to accept it. Check PCPartPicker for more accurate answers it will let you know if your motherboard and power supply will be enough for your whole rig with the new CPU.
And yes it’s generally recommended to update BIOS before installing a new CPU, especially since some BIOS firmware updates adds support for newer chips. Be sure to follow a guide as to not mess up updating the BIOS, it can be a little daunting if you don’t do it often.
Thanks! So i am going to need to update my bios. I checked from pcpartpicker and it said I need to update to bios 3211. But then I saw that bios 3604 said following ”3. Improve system performance for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D"

That got me thinking can I just update to the newest bios update available witch seems to be 4003?

Reactions: neogunhero
Thanks! So i am going to need to update my bios. I checked from pcpartpicker and it said I need to update to bios 3211. But then I saw that bios 3604 said following ”3. Improve system performance for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D"

That got me thinking can I just update to the newest bios update available witch seems to be 4003?
Do research on that. I have a Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 5 Wi-Fi motherboard. I had to install specific updates first before going to the latest version. On the gigabyte website it said clearly to install a specific BIOS first before going to the latest one, so check your mobo manufacturer website to make sure.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 31, 2024
Visit site

That got me thinking can I just update to the newest bios update available witch seems Sugges

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts