Question Kraken X53 - Fans keep reving up and down, please help!

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Recently installed Kraken X53 with a new i9-9900K.

The fans keep revving up and down when doing even the most basic task like opening a browser. The fan's aren't loud, and the CPU generally sits around mid-30's.

But I'm an OCD character and the constant fluctuation is driving me nuts. Anyone know how I can keep it at a constant when not under load? I've tried changing the cooling profiles in BIOS (Prime Z390-P) and NZXT CAM, but same results.

Hi :) I know the feeling. Have you tried to set up any custom profiles? You should be able to make it so that the fans stay flat at say 30% up to 60 C and then up from there in a gradient, or however works best.

I havent used CAM for a couple of years but I think you can also alter the hysteresis of the fans? To change the amount of time it takes for the fans to react to the temperature changes. So if there's a quick 1 second jump to 70C it wont be long enough to make the fans rev up.

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi :) I know the feeling. Have you tried to set up any custom profiles? You should be able to make it so that the fans stay flat at say 30% up to 60 C and then up from there in a gradient, or however works best.

I havent used CAM for a couple of years but I think you can also alter the hysteresis of the fans? To change the amount of time it takes for the fans to react to the temperature changes. So if there's a quick 1 second jump to 70C it wont be long enough to make the fans rev up.
Thanks for getting back. This 'hysteresis ' sounds like exactly what I need... however it doesn't appear to be in the latest version of the CAM software. I've googled and others have been asking for it. Someone said a dev told them it was coming in a future update but that was 10+ months ago...

As for custom profiles, do I do this within CAM? I've tried playing with a custom pump profile in the cooling tab, but no difference it seems.

I guess I stopped using CAM for good reason. I dont remember how it works I havent used it in a couple of years as I said, some sort of custom fan profile control must be in there as its a very basic function.

I've been using this software for a while now. I just found it randomly and its the best I've used. Custom profiles based off of whatever system temperature you want that can be applied to any/all of the fans seperately

You can set hysteresis and response time individually for each fan if you want. Its also free unless you want to donate.

Then there's whatever your mobo manufacturers solution is, Asus AI Suite etc which I think should provide finer control, I've heard good things of Argus monitor but its paid and I havent used it, or I believe you should be able to alter hysteresis in BIOS failing all else.

Reactions: Rubycube99
Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
I guess I stopped using CAM for good reason. I dont remember how it works I havent used it in a couple of years as I said, some sort of custom fan profile control must be in there as its a very basic function.

I've been using this software for a while now. I just found it randomly and its the best I've used. Custom profiles based off of whatever system temperature you want that can be applied to any/all of the fans seperately

You can set hysteresis and response time individually for each fan if you want. Its also free unless you want to donate.

Then there's whatever your mobo manufacturers solution is, Asus AI Suite etc which I think should provide finer control, I've heard good things of Argus monitor but its paid and I havent used it, or I believe you should be able to alter hysteresis in BIOS failing all else.
Great, thanks for the info bud. Really apprechiated. That's everything I need and happy to know a fix is possible. That alone has chilled the OCD :)

TRENDING THREADS