Just bought this laptop!

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey all! Always been a PS4 gamer, just bought this laptop and super excited to get it!!

ASUS FX505DT
i7 8750H
8GB RAM
1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

Got it at a steal of a price too... £729!

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Good system for the price (new / 2nd hand?) Good luck with it, and welcome to PC gaming! What do you reckon you'll play first on it?

Thank you for your reply! I am very excited to get into the world of PC Gaming! Been a console gamer for...ever! Haha.

Although I have bought this laptop for games like Farming Simulator, Euro Trucker and World of Warships, I am hoping it's also good enough to play AAA games like CoD and GTA?

The laptop was Asus Refurbished!

It should do very well in all those titles.

My tastes in games may well be different to yours - I like open world RPGs, non-PVP shooters, and some strategy titles. So my recommendations may send you to sleep :p But on the off chance:

Skyrim (special edition) and Fallout 4 are great open world experiences, and the PC platform lets you use mods other people have made to customise them extensively. As well as massive graphics improvements it's like having endless free DLC to choose from.

If your laptop has a 120hz screen, any shooter I guess. Rumour says Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection is going to be free on the Epic Games store in a few days. Borderlands 2 is a riot and the others in the series are great fun too.

For strategy, Civilization 6 is free on the Epic Store now. Worth picking up for a taste of the 'just one more turn' franchise. Civ 5 can be picked up much cheaper on sale. I like the Total War franchise a lot too. Rome II could be a good starting point.

PCG have a list of their recent favourites:

The one everyone goes on about is Disco Elysium.

If you find yourself about to buy a game,
is a great tool, as it lists the prices from various sites so you can see if it's on sale anywhere.

May 26, 2020
Visit site
It should do very well in all those titles.

My tastes in games may well be different to yours - I like open world RPGs, non-PVP shooters, and some strategy titles. So my recommendations may send you to sleep But on the off chance:

Skyrim (special edition) and Fallout 4 are great open world experiences, and the PC platform lets you use mods other people have made to customise them extensively. As well as massive graphics improvements it's like having endless free DLC to choose from.

If your laptop has a 120hz screen, any shooter I guess. Rumour says Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection is going to be free on the Epic Games store in a few days. Borderlands 2 is a riot and the others in the series are great fun too.

For strategy, Civilization 6 is free on the Epic Store now. Worth picking up for a taste of the 'just one more turn' franchise. Civ 5 can be picked up much cheaper on sale. I like the Total War franchise a lot too. Rome II could be a good starting point.

PCG have a list of their recent favourites:

The one everyone goes on about is Disco Elysium.

If you find yourself about to buy a game,
is a great tool, as it lists the prices from various sites so you can see if it's on sale anywhere.

Skyrim looks fantastic, I will take a look at the rest of those!

Thanks for the other links!

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS