It's the weekend! What are you eating while gaming? (Assuming you are gaming and eating...)

I'm a messy eater, so I have to eat something that won't drop crumbs all over my keyboard. Today I have a bowl of strawberries sitting next to me.

I would like to thank whoever ordered these strawberries. Walmart delivered someone else's groceries to my house. I called their customer service, but they said once the groceries had been dropped off that they couldn't pick them back up. Yum, free food. I think whoever made the order was a vegetarian, though. No meat or animal products. Just my luck. I got so much lettuce I had to move things around in my fridge. Other than the lettuce it was a pretty good order of veggies and fruit. Not sure we'll be able to eat it all, though.

Sorry for getting sidetracked. What are you eating while gaming this weekend (if anything)?

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I'm a messy eater, so I have to eat something that won't drop crumbs all over my keyboard. Today I have a bowl of strawberries sitting next to me.

I would like to thank whoever ordered these strawberries. Walmart delivered someone else's groceries to my house. I called their customer service, but they said once the groceries had been dropped off that they couldn't pick them back up. Yum, free food. I think whoever made the order was a vegetarian, though. No meat or animal products. Just my luck. I got so much lettuce I had to move things around in my fridge. Other than the lettuce it was a pretty good order of veggies and fruit. Not sure we'll be able to eat it all, though.

Sorry for getting sidetracked. What are you eating while gaming this weekend (if anything)?
woah, thats cool getting free food! and good on you for being honest and ringing CS-lots of people woudnt do that sadly, but at least you got something out of it.

i only eat one meal a day as i have a very strict routine and dont snack but i drink a lot of fizzy drinks-drinking coca cola right now.

woah, thats cool getting free food! and good on you for being honest and ringing CS-lots of people woudnt do that sadly, but at least you got something out of it.

i only eat one meal a day as i have a very strict routine and dont snack but i drink a lot of fizzy drinks-drinking coca cola right now.

My wife and kids drink a truck-load of Diet Mtn Dew and Diet Coke every week. I pretty much just drink a cup of coffee in the morning and water for the rest of the day. Every now and then I'll drink Gatorade Zero. I usually keep a giant Thermos filled with ice cold water by my computer when I'm playing and sip on it for as long as I play.

Reactions: Pifanjr
If I am playing a game I don't do anything else and tend to zone out and not think about things like food, sleep, anything else apart from what is on screen... but i don't think about food even when not gaming so there is that aspect.

I try to keep liquids away from my pc (might be result of seeing horror stories on Tom's) especially since my last 3 cases have had mesh tops on them - although I have water cooling so I fail at keeping liquid outside my case now, it can't get much closer to my CPU.

Apple cider is so sticky... i haven't had any in a while, might get some soon

"Food, I love it!" is one of the main chats from the little workers in the Royal Envoy series I'm currently playing thru—so nice topic timing :D Free food is nice—but double the exercise needed next week to compensate. So 2 trips to the fridge per hour instead of one!

GF & I drink water all day long, with 5-6 cups of coffee as well. I keep them on small towels beside my KB & mouse and handle very carefully—I don't think I've ever dumped a liquid on my devices, is there a prize for that? Like, say, free food…

My desk snack is soup & oyster crackers, always a bowl beside my desk. Occasional dark chocolate chips from the fridge door—no way I could have those permanently accessible beside me!

For the people who don't eat while they game, I'm like that sometimes, but I play a lot of relaxing games (yesterday I was playing Car Mechanic Simulator) that don't require non-stop attention and twitch reflexes, so it's easier for me to eat during those games. Probably it's just me, though. I eat all day long. It's healthy, low calorie stuff, though.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I usually don't eat while gaming, as I usually get pretty focused on what I'm doing. But later in a day a gaming, I'll grab something simple to have on a small table that I keep to the left of my gaming chair (I never have any food or drinks on my desk, I'm just way too paranoid about spitting crumbs or knocking over a beverage if I happen to spaz out during a combat scenario). Beverages are always there, usually ice tea (I drink tons of ice tea, no sugar), or sometimes Gatoraide Zero with seltzer water, or beer.

This weekend specifically, we're dealing with the remnants of hurricane Henri up here and potential power outages from high winds & downpours (my system is connected to a CyberPower USP which gives me about 15-20 minutes to shut everything down). So to celebrate this added suspense to my weekend gaming session, It's a pizza & beer weekend!

I made a bunch of 8" pizzas (pepperoni/greek olive/mushroom) ahead of time, and cold beer in the fridge. It's dark outside, the lights are off, the PC is on; it's just a perfect day for gaming. And now that I'm retired, I don't have to worry about getting up to go to work in the morning.

Hope your weekend is going well also, all of you.

I usually eat before i game, but on days like today ill be grilling/gaming at the same time, just gotta remember to set my timers. I dont do heavy gaming while im doing this so i can stay focused on grilling for the most part, but i wind up eating some candy or desert if i game after dinner.

Hope your weekend is going well also, all of you.

You too!

Move your gaming rig in there.

That's a great idea. Instead of moving the strawberries to my gaming room, I can move my rig to the dining room and just put it back in the gaming room when I'm done with the strawberries. But I still have the problem that technically the dining room is not for gaming, so I'm breaking the rules again.

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
OH WOW.

So like, AT the weekend, we had Chinese food, and i ordered like a chicken and sweetcorn soup - it came in one of those huge polystyrene bowl things - I tried to drink it left handed while playing LoL and honestly it burned the roof of my mouth, and my keyboard got covered in it. It may be the worst food ive ever tried to eat while gaming :D

These days i watch what i eat (snacks are expensive and unhealthy), but when i do have cravings during gaming i would eat bombay mix, wine gums / sweets, pretzels or corn nuts. So generally nibbles. Anything that leaves a mess on my fingers or my table is a no,no in my book. So i don't eat substantial meals when i game and i just find it a hassle to take the damn plate up to my room and take it back down to wash.

Drinks wise its cola. Cheap, cheap Aldi cola.

OH WOW.

So like, AT the weekend, we had Chinese food, and i ordered like a chicken and sweetcorn soup - it came in one of those huge polystyrene bowl things - I tried to drink it left handed while playing LoL and honestly it burned the roof of my mouth, and my keyboard got covered in it. It may be the worst food ive ever tried to eat while gaming :D

My son was trying to sit down at his computer desk with a very hot bowl of homemade chicken soup, which he then spilled all over his stomach and burned himself pretty badly. We now have an "eat soup at the table" rule.

Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS