Is my PC optimize or unoptimized?

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Hey so I was on Tom's Hardware forum & members on there was telling me my PC is unoptimized. I explained to them what were my issues with the PC. So, my issues is that games I would play like COD, Xdefiant, Street Fighter 6, would have FPS drops,Stutters every minute or so. I would try to play the games in balanced settings too. What you guys think? Should I upgrade something? Should I try to sell/return everything & get a whole new PC? I tried so many things like, updating BIOS, updating drivers, removing RAM sticks, reinstalling CPU, factory reset, clean installation of Windows 11, messing with windows settings to boost performance, messed with nvidia settings...nothing...thank you!
Here's a link to my pc specs:

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Reactions: COLGeek
Hey so I was on Tom's Hardware forum & members on there was telling me my PC is unoptimized. I explained to them what were my issues with the PC. So, my issues is that games I would play like COD, Xdefiant, Street Fighter 6, would have FPS drops,Stutters every minute or so. I would try to play the games in balanced settings too. What you guys think? Should I upgrade something? Should I try to sell/return everything & get a whole new PC? I tried so many things like, updating BIOS, updating drivers, removing RAM sticks, reinstalling CPU, factory reset, clean installation of Windows 11, messing with windows settings to boost performance, messed with nvidia settings...nothing...thank you!
Here's a link to my pc specs:
You could be having Internet problems. It would be interesting if you played an offline game and see if you still have problems. I'm assuming you are playing PvP in Street Fighter. Does it have a solo mode you can try?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
May 30, 2024
Visit site
You could be having Internet problems. It would be interesting if you played an offline game and see if you still have problems. I'm assuming you are playing PvP in Street Fighter. Does it have a solo mode you can try?
So I played RE4 remake yesterday & it looked pretty solid. I messed with different graphic presets, I tested on prioritize performance & prioritize graphics. They both looked solid. I had like one hiccup from prioritize graphics from like 15 to 20 minutes playing on it but that’s about it. So, in my room I do have a WiFi adapter that I use for LAN for my pc & ps5. It usually gives me pretty solid speed. This morning, I took my pc to my living room with my monitor & hooked up a LAN cable to my router to my pc. I of course had better speed but, when I’d play COD online, I could still see the stutters. The pc I had before this one, was playing COD just fine in my room with the WiFi adapter…I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe PC issue?

May 27, 2024
Visit site
Hi, Renzo. Welcome to the club.

I've been looking over your list, and I'm wondering, like COL was on TomsHardware, why you chose to go with a 4x16GB RAM kit instead of 2x32GB. On top of that, though, I was wondering why you went with such a slow speed. Zen 4 really likes RAM that runs at 6000 MT/s, I believe. I think the speed combined with the nature of 4 sticks is potentially what's hurting your gaming performance. If you can get it to work, try altering your XPO profile in BIOS to bring them up to 6000. It's not guaranteed to work, but it's a good option. Also try running just 2 sticks for a while to see if that helps.

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Hi, Renzo. Welcome to the club.

I've been looking over your list, and I'm wondering, like COL was on TomsHardware, why you chose to go with a 4x16GB RAM kit instead of 2x32GB. On top of that, though, I was wondering why you went with such a slow speed. Zen 4 really likes RAM that runs at 6000 MT/s, I believe. I think the speed combined with the nature of 4 sticks is potentially what's hurting your gaming performance. If you can get it to work, try altering your XPO profile in BIOS to bring them up to 6000. It's not guaranteed to work, but it's a good option. Also try running just 2 sticks for a while to see if that helps.
Hey thanks for the comment. I made a mistake on adding another set of ram sticks.

May 27, 2024
Visit site
Hey thanks for the comment. I made a mistake on adding another set of ram sticks.
I see. I would still recommend trying to push your XPO speeds. It may be that your RAM simply isn't fast enough for your CPU. I'm genuinely unsure of what else could be causing these specific problems. Maybe your network drivers are out of date since it only happens when playing online? But that hasn't been a real problem for well over a decade now. Try checking your network drivers just in case, then start toying with RAM speeds. That's my advice.

May 30, 2024
Visit site
I see. I would still recommend trying to push your XPO speeds. It may be that your RAM simply isn't fast enough for your CPU. I'm genuinely unsure of what else could be causing these specific problems. Maybe your network drivers are out of date since it only happens when playing online? But that hasn't been a real problem for well over a decade now. Try checking your network drivers just in case, then start toying with RAM speeds. That's my advice.
I would check my network drivers…only if I knew how to 🥲. Can you tell me how please?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts