Is my PC good for gaming?

Jun 14, 2020
Visit site
It's fine for 1080p gaming, yes - is this a PC you already own? Why do you ask if it's any good for gaming? Have you not tried any games yet?
Yes, I already own it. My dad bought this PC for me. The games run smooth with high graphics, I wanted to know if it's good for gaming because I'm not that good with PC components..

May 20, 2020
Visit site
If you perceive gaming as 144hz ultra high resolution experience than You should spend around 10k -15k on gear. This set is quite decent I'd buy some more RAM and you're good to go. I use my PC for VR and your setting is enough to run VR games and by me that's the whole new branch in gaming experience. I'm telling this because sooner or later the idea will come up, to buy a VR headset :)

Sarafan

Community Contributor
My question is... Is my PC good for gaming?

It's still fine, but most likely your graphics card will be a bottleneck here. Too bad your dad didn't decide to buy a GTX 1060 with 6 GB RAM. 3 GB is not enough these days to play in higher details (but this depends on what games are you planning to play). Also another 8 GB of RAM would improve your performance as noted above. But again it's not a bad setup (especially the CPU).

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Yes, I already own it. My dad bought this PC for me. The games run smooth with high graphics, I wanted to know if it's good for gaming because I'm not that good with PC components..

Short answer: If it runs smooth with good graphics, it's suitable for gaming :)

Question always is how long it will keep running smooth on high graphics, but as long as you don't mind turning graphics down I think the 1060 (even 3gb) will do fine for a while.

Quite some time ago I read an article about 3gb vs 6gb, don't know if I still can find it, but it turned out the 3gb version is not that much worse than the 6gb.

TRENDING THREADS