Question is my laptop any good

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
hi is my laptop any good for pc gaming, it's windows 7, ram 16gb, 64 bit operation system, Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-3340m cpu @ 2.70 ghz. i noticed if i install disc games they will not run, for example rainbow 6 raven shield, if you click to play it's like nothing happens, im just wondering if my laptop is no good lol i can use it for facebook and youtube and google search all ok and i even used zwift with my bike and that ran ok but it seems disc versions of games will not run. thanks for any advice. ive not used steam yet but apparently it's better if you download pc games i heard, but surely the disc version should work anyway yeah.

Reactions: Gamer 007 and Zgame
You didnt mention a graphics card there. No Nvidia or AMD?

Its a laptop from 2012/2013, the CPU would still be able to run most things but if, as it seems you're running on integrated graphics from that period you'll be able to play some modern indies that arent graphically demanding but nothing AAA from the last 5 years, at least.

Rainbow 6 Raven shield is apparently from 2003 though, so you might have compatibility issues with Windows 7 that youll have to deal with, either that or your disc drive is not working properly.

Someone else will know better about Windows 7 compatibility, I'm afraid its been too long since I've used it and I dont remember much.

Reactions: Zgame
Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
You didnt mention a graphics card there. No Nvidia or AMD?

Its a laptop from 2012/2013, the CPU would still be able to run most things but if, as it seems you're running on integrated graphics from that period you'll be able to play some modern indies that arent graphically demanding but nothing AAA from the last 5 years, at least.

Rainbow 6 Raven shield is apparently from 2003 though, so you might have compatibility issues with Windows 7 that youll have to deal with, either that or your disc drive is not working properly.

Someone else will know better about Windows 7 compatibility, I'm afraid its been too long since I've used it and I dont remember much.
hi there i went to device manager and it says HD graphics 4000, if that's any help, im terrible with pc style things lol im so used to console, i've got a ps3 and ps4 so i rarely use my laptop for gaming. hey could i ask at here you know for the multiplayer on pc gaming, i've never tried it yet but for ps3 i will sign in to psn and i use my mobile phone hotspot and it runs ok, maybe a little bit of lag at times but i was wondering for pc would it be an awful experience? it's like with ps4 ive never played online yet incase of any lag. i really like the shooting games like call of duty titles and rainbow 6 titles and i think if i tried on pc or ps4 it would be like a nightmare lol but ps3 seems ok for multiplayer experience with mobile hotspot.

HD graphics 4000 is the onboard graphics for that chip, its not designed for gaming more for office work and web browsing I'm afraid.

I'm not the guy to ask about multiplayer stuff really :). I would guess as long as you have a decent 4g connection that doesnt drop to often it would work O.K. Your laptop wouldnt be able to handle modern shooters very well though and that would be your main problem.

Reactions: gazster and Alm
Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
HD graphics 4000 is the onboard graphics for that chip, its not designed for gaming more for office work and web browsing I'm afraid.

I'm not the guy to ask about multiplayer stuff really :). I would guess as long as you have a decent 4g connection that doesnt drop to often it would work O.K. Your laptop wouldnt be able to handle modern shooters very well though and that would be your main problem.
thanks for the help there, i appreciate it, yeah it's 4g mobile hotspot and on my laptop it works ok for browsing and youtube and all that but for gaming i was thinking it might be an awful experience, you know at times on ps3 multiplayer i get that delay effect and you wonder how you died so many times and sometimes i get where the screen will stutter and lag and the session ends, this is why i won't try ps4 multiplayer incase it will be worse yeah. but saying that with technology improving i can imagine this will be a focus in the future for the game developers to work around yeah.