Question Is my CPU good for budget gaming

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
I have a G4560, Gtx 1050 ti, and 16GB, Gigabyte H110M-H . Is it possible for it to upgrade for light to mid gaming? Games i'd like to play: GTA V, F1 2020, Valorant, Apex Legends.

Also in addition, is there any relation between the CPU and an SSD. Because last time my SSD crashed with the OS in it. I just want to make sure if there is any bottlenecking with my CPU and SSD.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021
Visit site
I have a G4560, Gtx 1050 ti, and 16GB, Gigabyte H110M-H . Is it possible for it to upgrade for light to mid gaming? Games i'd like to play: GTA V, F1 2020, Valorant, Apex Legends.

Also in addition, is there any relation between the CPU and an SSD. Because last time my SSD crashed with the OS in it. I just want to make sure if there is any bottlenecking with my CPU and SSD.

I suggest getting a better CPU because yours is a little old. Even if you get it upgraded you might still get lag.

How soon is soon? What is your budget for your upgrade? Where are you located?

As for your SSD question, make and model of your SSD? Can you elaborate on your understanding of crash. You don't need to edit your initial post, you can post as a follow up post.

I just want to make sure if there is any bottlenecking with my CPU and SSD.
you can't avoid bottlenecking in that conversation. Storage slows down CPU. It is going to be the case for almost everyone though. CPU have memory on them, that they used to store the most likely info they will use next. If its not there, it looks on RAM, and finally ssd.

SATA SSD are 18x slower than ram is to respond, so anytime the CPU has to talk to Storage its going to be slow.

Optane is the one time its not really any slower than ram but most of us don't have that.

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
How soon is soon? What is your budget for your upgrade? Where are you located?

As for your SSD question, make and model of your SSD? Can you elaborate on your understanding of crash. You don't need to edit your initial post, you can post as a follow up post.
My SSD is a Adata SU630 240GB. While I was installing GTA V in my PC via Steam. It suddenly went to blue screen like Windows had an error we'll try to fix it and restart for you. Then after when i boot my PC it goes to the BIOS. I tried to plug and unplug my ssd and after starting again it says it needs a bootable driver. I'm located here in the Philippines.

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
you can't avoid bottlenecking in that conversation. Storage slows down CPU. It is going to be the case for almost everyone though. CPU have memory on them, that they used to store the most likely info they will use next. If its not there, it looks on RAM, and finally ssd.

SATA SSD are 18x slower than ram is to respond, so anytime the CPU has to talk to Storage its going to be slow.

Optane is the one time its not really any slower than ram but most of us don't have that.
I meant like, can it cause my SSD to crash because of the CPU

Adata SU630
I personally thought people couldn't go to an SU630 after seeing how bad the SU640 was. I personally have an SU800 and I loved it, for it's speed. Anything below that model was a complete waste of funds. Sure it's faster for boot and app's but they plateau badly after dropping performance.

Also, how many partitions does the SSD have? How much free space does the SSD have? What version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? Make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Your motherboard and your platform is what's holding you down. I wouldn't invest on that build anytime soon.

TRENDING THREADS