Is it possible to recover data from a 1TB Internal HDD that can't be detected?

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Note:
I have one SSD (120GB) and one HDD (Seagate BarraCuda 1TB)
✱ OS is installed in an Internal SSD (Kingston 120GB)
✱ There are some programs installed on the HDD

After having a breakfast, I decided to open my computer. I opened Bluestacks, which is installed in the HDD, and it gave me an error which basically says that it is not "installed". I checked "This PC" and found out that there is only one drive detected, which my SSD. So I opened my chassis and check if something's wrong with the SATA cable, which the HDD is using, by using "that" SATA cable to my SSD and it turns out that that SATA cable is completely working fine. Then I thought that maybe something's wrong with the PCB of my HDD.

The day before my HDD won't be detected, it is completely working fine and the next day, it didn't.

I had this issue before with a 500GB HDD, and today I'm wondering if the files in those hard drives can be recoverable, through means of going to a data center then ask some professionals to recover the files.

So is it possible to do that?

Reactions: Nurussofa25
Just to get this in there - back up your files in future! :)

You've had the issue with a previous drive too. Use another drive or drives plural to back your data up onto. Use cloud storage. If you need your data, back it up with a real-time mechanism.

You said the drive doesn't show up in "This PC". Does it show up as connected in BIOS?

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Does it show up as connected in BIOS?

(Ssorry for not telling too soon)

After looking at "This PC", I've tried looking for device manager, and disk partitioning for hints of my HDD working or not. Then I proceeded in the BIOS. Apparently my Motherboard only detects my SSD.

I've tried interchanging the SATA Connectors with the SSD and HDD and it turns out that only the SSD is being detected.

Thanks, I won't let this happen again by doing backups or cloud storage.

Reactions: Frindis
You could try a different Sata port(s) on the motherboard, in case it's the Sata port itself that's faulty. Otherwise, your only solution might be to take it to a professional, and hope the expensive process yields something - or to write the data off as lost.

Reactions: Frindis and Detody
May 27, 2020
Visit site
You could try a different Sata port(s) on the motherboard, in case it's the Sata port itself that's faulty.

I actually did that too, and found out that the SATA ports aren't fautly

your only solution might be to take it to a professional, and hope the expensive process yields something - or to write the data off as lost.
During my work as IT Technician I had many cases like this that could be restored only by professional lab. It may cost a bit, mind you, but good labs will give you estimates for free.

@Oussebon
@OsaX Nymloth

I'll see what I can do about it and hopefully be able to recover my files through asking help from professionals.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciated it.

Reactions: Frindis