If you could buy one publisher or developer and give it to another publisher, who and where?

My first thought was that I would buy Bioware and give it to Microsoft, but then I thought about how EA is ruining so many series that I enjoyed (they bought Slightly Mad and a year later terminated Project Cars and dismantled the studio, and they also bought Metalhead and terminated the Super Mega Baseball series, which was my favorite sports series), and so I've decided to just buy EA and give the whole thing to Microsift. Then I'm going to tie up Andrew Wilson, cover him in honey and bird seed and roll him into the back yard. Finally some good will come from him as he feeds the neighborhood bird population.

Go back in time to 2009, Buy Ascaron and give it to someone who still exists today and aren't called Deep Silver

Or you know, just buy deep Silver and give it to people who care and aren't just out for a quick buck. They ruined so many games I refuse to buy anything they make now, out of principle. The latest series they ruined was Saints Row... not that I played those games.
They wear games you loved as skin suits... like many companies do now.

Go back in time to 2009, Buy Ascaron and give it to someone who still exists today and aren't called Deep Silver

Or you know, just buy deep Silver and give it to people who care and aren't just out for a quick buck. They ruined so many games I refuse to buy anything they make now, out of principle. The latest series they ruined was Saints Row... not that I played those games.
They wear games you loved as skin suits... like many companies do now.
For a company that just wants to make money, they sure screwed up their moneymaker, Volition. Maybe they should try to not make money and see what happens.

I'd probably buy Square Enix and give them to Microsoft so I could get their games on Game Pass. I would say to do that with Ubisoft, but Ubisoft puts some of their games on Game Pass, so SE would benefit me more.

And that's not taking into consideration that if I had the money to buy a game company, I doubt if I'd need their games to be on Game Pass. Haha.

For a company that just wants to make money, they sure screwed up their moneymaker, Volition. Maybe they should try to not make money and see what happens.

Deep Silver mess up almost everything they touch. Age of Conan was fun for a few years but then it started not being a cash cow so they changed it into free to play and then eventually an entirely new Game. Like EA, I just don't buy anything they make now.

I would buy MIcrosoft after you all give these other companies to them... and um, I don't know who I would trust to get it right so maybe give it to Elon Musk as its hardly going to make him much richer.

It would be interesting giving the entire catalog of, for example, Nintendo to something like VideoLAN, the non-profit organization responsible for the open-source VLC media player (I couldn't think of a similar publisher for video games).
Oh, wow! I didn't think of something like that. With that in mind, I'd definitely buy Nintendo and give them to Microsoft. No question. Zelda, Mario, and the new Metroid Prime on PC would be awesome.

Competition is good, you know. If you give all the devs to one company, you just setting up a monopoly and well, they leads to stagnation.

I would buy them all and split them up among a few companies, as while you might trust the people running them now, time changes, new people come in who want to change things. Shareholder demands and all that.

I like how you can't get Nintendo things on other consoles. It gives you a reason to buy that console. That is entirely the reason they do it.

I like how you can't get Nintendo things on other consoles. It gives you a reason to buy that console. That is entirely the reason they do it.
I don't want motivation to buy a Switch.

To all the people wanting to give Square Enix to someone else, the best thing to do with Square is to give it to EA so it gets burned to the ground. :) But Square would resist being taken over by inferior, non-Japanese people (see PCG's article about how they treated their Western subsidiaries)..

I know that's why they do it, but I don't want to buy a whole console just for one game (Zelda). Zelda is my favorite game franchise of all, but it's pretty much the only thing from Nintendo I care about. Nevertheless, I will buy a Nintendo console for just that one game, and let my son enjoy all the other crap they put out. Lol

(I don't really think it's crap. I'm just not personally interested)

To all the people wanting to give Square Enix to someone else, the best thing to do with Square is to give it to EA so it gets burned to the ground. :) But Square would resist being taken over by inferior, non-Japanese people (see PCG's article about how they treated their Western subsidiaries)..
Come on, man! I got to have me some Tomb Raider.

Hello Zed i am glad you started this thread and i find it quite ironic some of you mention EA.
It is no secret that several years ago they bought up some companies and indie devs.
BUT their was a twist .... they bought companies who were at that time working on rival projects and when those people got under the EA umbrella they were not allowed to continue on those projects because EA said all your work belongs to us.

I once sent a cracked ( broken not pirated ) game disc to EA cos a local shop would not believe it was cracked when i opened it , EA sent me email saying its not damaged but if you want a replacement this is how much it will cost you..... i requested my " undamaged " disc be sent back to me .... it arrived back complete with the crack.

TRENDING THREADS