Idk what BIOS check and update means and what to do

Aug 22, 2024
Visit site
The Asus Prime B450M-A II Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor with BIOS version 2409. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, updating the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU. please tell me what this means

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the unhelpful "Idk what this means and what to do".]

Last edited by a moderator:
It means you need to check what BIOS version you have installed before you can run that CPU on that board. If its before 2409, you need to update to at least 2409

Windows may show you in the system information app under CPU description:
UQQRFSt.jpg

this shows how to find what bios version came on board, assuming you never changed it:

How old is board? when did you buy it?
There are 14 bios versions since 2409, which was dated 4th dec 2020, current one is 4604

Nothing in notes says you need to get them all in order, so can just update to 4604 and skip ones between as they all include previous changes.

Page 2-3 shows how to update BIOS:

Don't update bios during thunderstorms or at times you might lose power. Your bios has crash free recovery, meaning you can fix a broken bios update, but best to just not risk it. Page 2-4 above shows how to use it.

BIOS page

I had to do same thing on my motherboard to use that CPU.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts