I need more room on my PC

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
What is the best, easiest, fastest way to add space to my computer? I have 135 games on steam, but to play any more I have to delete a game to load another and I don't want to have to do that. HELP!!!!!

Welcome to the PCGamer, newcomer!

If you have an available M.2 slot or a SATA port on your motherboard, you can add a drive(SSD, HDD on SATA, not M.2) in either slot but you will need to keep in mind the storage devices capacity. If an SSD, you will need to keep 50% of it empty for it to operate optimally. If an HDD, so long as you don't run it towards a red light, you're fine.

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
I am 70 yrs old and not too computer literate. I have a dell XPS 8700, I think is has a pcle x 16 expansion slot. If that is correct what kind of storage device can be used. I am going to open the computer and make certain. A computer shop had taken a Dell XPS 8700 that he had and combined it with my old computer that I was having issues with and it has been good since then, about 4 years. I am having no trouble running any games, just dont have enough room for my games. Thanks for your help. I have been a loyal PC gamer subscription holder for about 30 years now.

If you own the XPS from yesteryears, then you only options are SATA based storage devices. Can you take a picture of the motherboard and host the image on Imgur, then parse the link here for us to see?

The easiest way, in my opinion, is to get an external SSD drive, and plug it into a USB 3.0 port (they're the ones with a bit of blue in them, I believe.) But it's not a particularly affordable solution, starting around $100 for the smaller varieties on Amazon.

If it's an older game (which it might be if it can run on older specs), you might be able to get by with a cheaper external HDD , provided it's USB 3.0 compatible (otherwise it'll run too slow.) I have a USB HDD that I mainly use for storage, but I can also run older games on it with no problems ("older" in this context being "before 2012.") I paid $60 for it and it's 2TB.

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
So I have opened the computer and my motherboard is a Dell model number OKWVT8, i also have a radeon 6950 graphics module, corsair 750M power supply. I have two hard drives. What options do I have? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

TRENDING THREADS