Question I can't type in games. How to fix it?

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
I can't play Project Cars 2 because I can't type my nickname, etc. I use Steam. This is the same problem in other racing games (GRID, NFS ...). In other games (Robocraft, Overwatch ...) there is no problem. I've tried using virtual keyboard, wireless keyboard. It didn't help. Otherwise, I think it is some PC problem. All updates installed.

help.:disappointed:

that is odd

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
It did not help. this is really weird. I already said - in other games (shooters, RPG ...) there are no problems, really i can typing. I originally thought it was a developer problem, but the problem is in another game as well. At the moment I found this problem in other racing games (possibly a coincidence) where a player profile needs to be created. No idea...
Anyway. Thank you.
that is odd

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Reactions: kelangkang
where a player profile needs to be created
Go to…
…and download the hour-long demo of any game. Almost all of them will ask you to create a Player by typing a name. See if that works for you.
This should show if it's only those racing games, or any game where you have to type into the UI.

Do you use a different input device for the racing games, eg a steering wheel controller or similar? It sounds like something is interrupting the keyboard input, and the most likely suspect for that behavior is another input device or software.

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
This is not only to registering a profile, nothing can be typed. In Trackmania i can create a profile.
I usually use the keyboard. In device manager > keybored, I found.
HID keyboard device
Razer Deathadder (my mouse)
PS / 2 keyboard
Can there be a problem with these?
Go to…
…and download the hour-long demo of any game. Almost all of them will ask you to create a Player by typing a name. See if that works for you.
This should show if it's only those racing games, or any game where you have to type into the UI.

Do you use a different input device for the racing games, eg a steering wheel controller or similar? It sounds like something is interrupting the keyboard input, and the most likely suspect for that behavior is another input device or software.
[/QUO