Question I can't run a game

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
So i wanted to play a game childhood of mine called "Casper: Mystery in the Castle". It worked fine until after it setted up, a message appeared. "This program cannot run without the original CD in the drive" (I burned the ISO tough and it still doesn't work). How can I make this game work?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It is possible that the ISO lacked data that identified the CD as authentic. Did you burn the ISO to a CD or to a USB drive?

It is also possible that this is not a legit source for the game itself. You should scan your system for malware, thoroughly.

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
From where did you get the ISO?
It is possible that the ISO lacked data that identified the CD as authentic. Did you burn the ISO to a CD or to a USB drive?

It is also possible that this is not a legit source for the game itself. You should scan your system for malware, thoroughly.

I burned the ISO to CD. I did it many times and yet, still no answer. I also have tried to turn the folder that was altready setup and burn it into CD. I got a new error and it was like this "This ISO file is corrupted" (or something like that)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Some games used to use a proprietary means to prevent copying the original media (anti-piracy mechanism). While I not certain in this situation, this could be one of those instances. In some cases, games could be patched to prevent looking for the original media. This would be a separate download and installation, when applied.

UPDATE: Seems I was right.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
Well the instructions are not properly. Also, someone suggested me I have to replace the Russian folder with the English folder and yet, it was a black screen. I thought it worked but I realized that the game cannot run with the Russian folder. (I can still play the Russian version of it on Windows 7 via VirtualBox)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts