I can't really find any reviews on this case, so figured I'd ask

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that I never realized just how picky I can be until I started shopping for cases. So here are a list of criterias that I had when looking:

-tool-free side panels (the thumb screws poking out bother me for some reason)
-RGB lighting on front panel that is not from fans
-white since I'm going for a frost-type build (lots of white and blue with the option to change the blue)
-preferably under $100
-good air flow inside of case

At first I thought that with this criteria it shouldn't be too hard, right? Apparently not so much. However I have found one case that I do like despite two on my list not being completely filled (the price and the front panel RGB is from the fans). And that case is the Zalman X3. Me being me, I had to find reviews for it, yet I really couldn't find any at all besides the Amazon reviews. I'm the type of guy that needs reviews from multiple sources, so just one site doesn't quite cut it for me.

That brings me here. Has anyone heard or used this case before and can recommend or not recommend this case? Or with my list...listed, do you guys have any recommendations?

Never heard of the Zalman X3. Looking at it on various stores, I struggle to see what RGB lighting it has on its front that is not from the RGB fans.

As for airflow, the airflow is probably fairly restricted, given that the front fans are almost entirely covered up with only a thin slit to let the air get to them by the looks of it. Having 3 fans at the front isn't worth as much if they're obstructed by a mostly solid front panel.

What about the white version of the be quiet! Pure Base 500DX?

Advantages includes having ARGB lighting on the front not from fans, good thermal performance, and being a known quantity (you can actually find reviews on it).

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Never heard of the Zalman X3. Looking at it on various stores, I struggle to see what RGB lighting it has on its front that is not from the RGB fans.

As for airflow, the airflow is probably fairly restricted, given that the front fans are almost entirely covered up with only a thin slit to let the air get to them by the looks of it. Having 3 fans at the front isn't worth as much if they're obstructed by a mostly solid front panel.

What about the white version of the be quiet! Pure Base 500DX?

Advantages includes having ARGB lighting on the front not from fans, good thermal performance, and being a known quantity (you can actually find reviews on it).

That is actually my go-to in case I can't find the case of my dreams. It's currently on my PC parts list.