Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
I have a pc with an Asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard that runs perfectly normal except that when I try to enter the bios it freezes with half the screen cut off.

If nobody here has any bright ideas, you could try the Asus forums as well.

Could be a fault with the motherboard.

If you've not already, disconnect all external devices from the PC except KB+M. You could also try a different KB+M and/or different USB ports.

Perhaps reset the CMOS: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/M5A97_R2.0/E8046_M5A97_R2.pdf (see the jumpers section - make sure to take precautions to avoid static damaging the PC and for your own safety)

Possibly even disconnect all internal components that aren't necessary to POST the system, i.e. storage.

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
As oussebon said, try a cmos reset. If you have a CPU/RAM overclock that could be causing it.

But if you are getting the same issues with everything set to defaults, then the board is either damaged or dying.

I had a somewhat similar issue with my Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero, in BIOS I would get very rare stuttering going thru the menus, this is very weird because BIOS's should be the most stable part of a system, and never have any stutter or any graphical glitching whatsoever.

Soon after, my board starting dying relatively quickly.

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS