How old is your Steam Account?

Mainly for bragging rights.

How I find it (probably a faster way, but it works)

Go to Profile - badges - completed and you should see it as one of the first badges. I do have an older account, but since I can't remember the username/password (RIP my TF2 items) it does not count.

J0XJ4W3.png

Related thread:

XMas 2007, The Orange Box

ATNXMfr.png

day after xmas... what did you get that year?
@Kaamos_Llama Funny how a lot bought that Orange Box. I wonder what led us to get it and jump on that platform in the first place. I can't say I remember, perhaps the Orange Box had a nice price tag and it just conveniently also made you have to download the Steam client which we then fell in love with.
Funnily enough it seems Orange Box wasnt released until October 2007. I have a vague memory I asked for Episode 1 and in the shop they managed to upsell my Mum on the OB instead the next year.

Must have been from Half Life 2.

Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
@Kaamos_Llama Wait, so you had Steam before it even had a game releasing on its platform? Was this beta testing the platform?
Pretty sure Steam released with or around Half Life 2? Profile history shows last played Episode 1 and 2 in early 2008. The account has no purchase history, and I dont have HL2 achievements from before 2013 Im guessing because in 2006 or whatever there werent any yet.

GZ6DSB3.png

It took a while to build up Steam.... (I couldn't resist) and many of the games I played weren't on steam until years later.

In November 2004, Half-Life 2 was the first game to be offered digitally on Steam, and to require installation of the Steam client for retail copies. During this time users faced problems attempting to play the game.[8][21][22] The Steam requirement was met with concerns about software ownership, software requirements, and problems with overloaded servers demonstrated previously by the Counter-Strike rollout.[23]

So I wonder if anyone here been on 18 or more years.

oldest owner so far (It could have been you @Brian Boru!),
Nope, Kaamos was in a year earlier. I love Finbarr tho, great character and a credit to the 'Travelers'.

Orange Box. I wonder what led us to get it

For me, it was the fantastic reviews for Half Life 2. I wasn't even aware of Portal, and had no interest in Team Fortress. Plus for $50, it was an obvious XMas present to ask for :)

you had Steam before it even had a game releasing on its platform?

Steam released games from 2003 on, with HL2 in 2004 being the first biggie as far as I know.

Zloth

Community Contributor
It took a while to build up Steam.... (I couldn't resist) ...
Had to do a double-take. I thought I had skipped down to Brian's post somehow!
So I wonder if anyone here been on 18 or more years.
Yeah... though I was thinking about skipping this topic for another 11 days to get it up to 19.

Upper right corner (favorite badge).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts