How is Halo Infinite?

I've played the campaigns of the other Halo games on PC and generally enjoyed them, but it looks like Halo Infinite's campaign didn't do very well on Steam and hasn't got very good user reviews. Been waiting on the co-op campaign, but should I even bother?

Maybe part of the problem is the odd way they released it, with the campaign without co-op being $59, but you could do the multiplayer for free. The gameplay videos look pretty good to me, but there must be something wrong with it. User reviews are just kind of all over the place.

Been waiting on the co-op campaign, but should I even bother?

The co-op campaign has been cancelled and with this announcement has offically ended my enthusiasm to play. I played it for a bit on the game pass and its not all that bad. It moved the campaign into a more open-world style campaign but it just wasnt all that fun to play solo personally. Also some of the weapons are weak and you will realize you wind up using just a few of them pretty quickly (Battle Rifle mostly). I would say check it out on gamepass if you have that, dont buy it.

Heres the article i saw on the coops cancellation:

They want to focus on making it a live service too which, to me, seems like a bad idea considering the number of players is pretty low and probably only will lead to several items you'd need to spend money on. I already am attached to a live service game, i dont need another one lol.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
The co-op campaign has been cancelled and with this announcement has offically ended my enthusiasm to play. I played it for a bit on the game pass and its not all that bad. It moved the campaign into a more open-world style campaign but it just wasnt all that fun to play solo personally. Also some of the weapons are weak and you will realize you wind up using just a few of them pretty quickly (Battle Rifle mostly). I would say check it out on gamepass if you have that, dont buy it.

Heres the article i saw on the coops cancellation:

They want to focus on making it a live service too which, to me, seems like a bad idea considering the number of players is pretty low and probably only will lead to several items you'd need to spend money on. I already am attached to a live service game, i dont need another one lol.

Only the splitscreen is cancelled, coop will still be available through online play (that's what you get for reading non-PCGamer articles :p).

Also something called Forge is being added, but the PCGamer article did not specify what it was. I guess they're not infallible either.

The co-op campaign has been cancelled and with this announcement has offically ended my enthusiasm to play.
We don't really play a lot of split screen co-op. We used to when we had an Xbox.

Their Steam numbers suggest trying to go to live service wouldn't really work out so well, but maybe their numbers are much greater on Xbox and Game Pass. I'm certainly not interested in that, though.

From what I've heard, most people were negative on the multiplayer, but positive on the single player campaign. I recently played and beat the campaign, so I'll tell you what I thought.

Other than Metal of Honor: Allied Assault, it was probably the most fun I've had playing any FPS. The campaign is really a lot of fun. And I like some of the new game mechanics they introduced. It's definitely worth a play, in my opinion. I'll say this: I always said Combat Evolved was my favorite, and I thought there's no way Infinite would surpass that for me. But after playing this, I believe it's my favorite Halo game.

Only the splitscreen is cancelled, coop will still be available through online play (that's what you get for reading non-PCGamer articles :p).

OMG im so blind. Well... now that microsoft is about to allow up to 5 different accounts to be able to use 1 pass, i will probably do this then.

We were gonna play splitscreen, the wife and i, we played the GoW series like this, other Halos, Call of Duty (when they had it). etc... Its not the most convenient and preferred way but it was fun. But at least i can do the online part.

On another note, I've never bothered with the Halo Series in general. So if Infinite is as full as it sounds, does that live up to expectations of the previous series?
Keep in mind I'm only speaking about the campaign. The campaign is quite a bit different from the previous games, but in my opinion, it's the first 343 Halo game that went back to feeling like Halo. Being open world, it's a lot different, but it feels familiar. It's the first Halo game 343 made that the campaign and story didn't suck. But it's a lot of fun, and there is a lot to do. And for the people who care about the lore and story, they did a decent job of addressing their big screw-up of turning Cortana bad.

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
Keep in mind I'm only speaking about the campaign. The campaign is quite a bit different from the previous games, but in my opinion, it's the first 343 Halo game that went back to feeling like Halo. Being open world, it's a lot different, but it feels familiar. It's the first Halo game 343 made that the campaign and story didn't suck. But it's a lot of fun, and there is a lot to do. And for the people who care about the lore and story, they did a decent job of addressing their big screw-up of turning Cortana bad.

I was not aware that Cortana turned bad. 😂

I wonder if multiplayer for Halo Infinite would be good to try as it is free, but a bit of a weird sales models locking the campaign. oh well.

They just did it in reverse, I guess. 😅

I assume the multiplayer still has microtransactions as well. For a multiplayer it's important to have a big, active player base, so it makes sense to make it free.

I assume the multiplayer still has microtransactions as well. For a multiplayer it's important to have a big, active player base, so it makes sense to make it free.
The multiplayer has cosmetic microtransactions and a battle pass that improves what you earn from playing games and getting xp.
Well of course, looking at the business model of all online shooters nowadays, it'd be weird if they didn't have microtransactions...

though selling cosmetics is still on the okay side of business for me. 😁

Though I remember, from watching streamers and YouTubers, that the recent PUBG sniper skin would cost you $1700 to fully unlock. 😅

Well of course, looking at the business model of all online shooters nowadays, it'd be weird if they didn't have microtransactions...

though selling cosmetics is still on the okay side of business for me. 😁

Though I remember, from watching streamers and YouTubers, that the recent PUBG sniper skin would cost you $1700 to fully unlock. 😅
Somebody needs to make a game that is in grayscale, and you have to pay for every day you want to play it in color. You could buy it for $1 per hour of playing in color.

Somebody needs to make a game that is in grayscale, and you have to pay for every day you want to play it in color. You could buy it for $1 per hour of playing in color.
Hey, that's an idea! 💡

Since I like to read sci-fi novels and watch awesome crap like rick and morty,
I could totally see this happening in an alternate timeline. 🤣

Somewhere after the cowboy era and black and white TV, games were invented way earlier, and is controlled by a single monopoly mega corporation, and you have to pay for the server game time, and color "add-on" as well. 😂

Oh, and also don't forget to add a dash of steampunk to the mix, and something like borderlands. 😉
Do not be giving Blizzard and EA any ideas okay?
Just them? What about Ubisoft? 😁

I assume you get more than just the sniper skin in the process of getting it?
Well yeah, some other "normal" cosmetics and some in game "crafting material" (also for cosmetics), but technically since it's actually implemented as a gacha "gambling" crate system, you'd be quite lucky to actually get it at baseline price calculations.
If you're "unlucky" it could cost you wayyyyy more. 😅

The skin is cool, it has a "kill counter" on it. But no way am I spending money on that unless I'm a celebrity YouTuber with a huge following.

Here's the videos BTW if you're interested. 😁
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHSPnGdrEAw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5a4TWP_mu0

TRENDING THREADS