How do you organise your game library/ies?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I always had respect for Excel technicians, but I've never seen one flex like that. 👍👍
Well when the only thing you have to flex is your Excel, you gotta flex that Excel as hard as you can. Me with Excel is like the proverbial guy with a hammer who sees everything as a nail.
I have one Category called "Backlog Reminder" in which I put in games that I would like to actually play/finish in the foreseeable future.
I like this idea a lot. My spreadsheet has a similar function in that it's set up to sort my unplayed paid-for games to the top of the list. But because it's programmatic, it doesn't distinguish between games that I really want to play and games that I picked up in a bundle and don't care about ignoring. I like that yours is customised, and right there in your launcher.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I'm not using anything more than GOG Galaxy 2.0. I don't even have games grouped in categories. Usually I don't need to browse my games to decide what to play next. A title simply comes to my mind and I use the search option to find and install it. It's simple as that.

Last edited:
Here is my folder layout on Steam. I haven't gone too indepth. (don't look at the unplayed games count)

6nlOlUs.png

Still, easy for the costs to add up. If you even only spent an average of a buck per game...

Most definitely, but considering my account is 10 years old, and this is my primary hobby - I think the cost is still quite low. I also spent a LOT when I was still living at home and had much more disposable income. I've barely bought any games now in the past 3 years.

Last edited:
Still, easy for the costs to add up. If you even only spent an average of a buck per game...
Also many indie bundles work out considerably less than $1 per game. I've picked up a few ~30 games for $1 bundles because I wanted just 1 title off them.

Some bundles cost $1 and contain so many games that you actually turn a profit selling the steam trading cards from them.

Even taking into account electricity. As you can leave them running when the PC will be on doing something else anyway e.g. downloading a big game overnight (and force low power modes on CPU and GPU to make the additional power consumption trivial).

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
My games are all over the place and I shamefully admit I not once, not even twice bought a game on a sale on one platform only to realize I already owned it on another. Oopsie.

Steam and GOG are my main platforms for sure, Origin/uPlay/Others are only used when there's no other choice. Luckily such times are rare. Oh right, Battle.net is different as it only serves as my gateway to StarCraft II ladder. The only platform I don't use is probably Epic Games Store - after my "journey" with Metro Exodus and seeing Epic throwing money at everything without any regard to actual customers, I am boycotting this platform entirely.

Maybe I should make a spreadsheet with all the games I have. GOG Galaxy 2.0 seems pretty nice tho, and I am a lazy bum :?

Sarafan

Community Contributor
This is me, except I use both Steam and the Epic Game Store nowadays.

I'm also using other clients, but I decided to launch them via GOG Galaxy 2.0 when I run a particular game. GOG Galaxy 2.0 is a great way to organize your whole library and it has an option to automatically shut down other clients when you close the game that uses it. Very handy. :)

TRENDING THREADS